• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pics Of Your Guns And Glasses

I would never spend that much....I think after you pass the $2-$3k mark, you are paying for art and jewelry. Personally....I don't want a pistol made of Damascus and diamond studs. Not for me. Stan Chen makes some fantastic pieces....but again, a bit too much.

Nighthawk and Wilson....basically the same gun. Careful using the two names in the same sentence....the fan boys will burn you at the stake! lol

Harry

If I had time, patience, and money I'd probably send a beater pre-war Colt 1911A1 I get out of the case at the local gun shop for $500 to Heirloom Precision now that Bruce Grey isn't taking custom work, and have them turn it into a custom build. Chop, weld, fit, finish.

Some nice, modern, low profile combat sights, recessed slide catch pin, ambidextrous GI-length safeties, hardtail conversion (a la Bruce Grey), undercut trigger guard, hand checkering all around, fitted match barrel, tuned action, frame-cut magwell.

This gun started life something like this guy
1911Repro-1.jpg

And HP turned it into this;

BWCS_1.jpg

http://www.heirloomprecision.com/images/BWCS_5.jpg
http://www.heirloomprecision.com/images/BWCS_3.jpg
http://www.heirloomprecision.com/images/BWCS_4.jpg

I have a few....and I love the Colt 1918 1911A1. Beautiful pieces and rather hard to find. One with an original finish can still sell for an easy $4k. Just a stamped barrel costs about $800...and another $500 for wooden grips alone.

But that's if I was doing a custom maker send-in. The local gun shop has half a dozen 1911's in varying age and condition that would be outstanding candidates if they were parts guns or had little collector value.

For simply ordering a nice build I'd have no problem going to Wilson, Nighthawk, Les Baer, or Ed Brown. Les Baer Thunder Ranch or Ed Brown Special Forces would be near the top of my list. Very classic-looking and not as touted-up as some of their other models or most of what Wilson and Nighthawk make. Not that I don't want some of those too!

All top shelf....cant GO wrong with either one! Brown has a more traditional and old school look, and love the bobtail cuts they have. Bang for buck.... Baer is no slouch either. Maybe a small step below the others, but certainly still top shelf.... IMHO.

A freaking gun made out of meteorite hahaha !!!

They're all like Jesse James: make guns out of rediculous materials, engrave them, put grips on them made from an actual tooth from a Sabertooth and sell them for $30-70,000...

Appeal to the rich and you'll have a great business...

A sidearm is supposed to be a last resort or when your rifle/ shotgun are too long for CQC.
Too many people want their pistols to shoot 1/4 miniute at 100 yards and if a combatant is that far away that shot shouldn't be taken because he's not a threat or you bring up your rifle and take the shot at those ranges.
I believe each gun owner should have 3 weapons.
A rifle,pistol,and shotgun.
Those three will serve the purpose for any situation

Back