• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Low light - will it block blue light for computer use?

O Bro

I should Work at Oakley
Hello everyone,

I am using screens a lot and I'm looking for some lenses that filter out blue light. I currently have some Flak 2.0 XLs with Low Light lenses and they seem to help a lot, but I want to be sure they are actually doing something. Does anyone have any info on this? I've used specific blue light glasses that I got on amazon, but the distortion is so bad that I can only use them for about an hour. I want Oakley lenses!!!!

ALso, I do not need RX so Prizm Gaming is not an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rx lenses with added blue light filter blocks more than that, as well as Prizm gaming,

Then you have raybans blue light lenses that have no Rx.

Low light is a good alternative in my opinion tho. Not expensive as Prizm gaming

The "bad" blue light spectrum is 380nm to 460nm. Prizm Low Light only blocks part of the bad blue spectrum range up to 400nm. I think if you are serious about blocking bad blue light low light isn't enough. The Prizm Gaming lens blocks up to 500nm, so it blocks the entire "bad" blue light spectrum.
I tried to test 3 lens tints Ti Clear, Prizm Daily and HI Yellow against a color spectrum chart and HI Yellow seems to block the whole "bad" blue range.
what lens for led screen blue light filtering?
It's too bad Prizm gaming is prescription only and HI Yellow is discontinued

I can't find the answer for this question anywhere online: Will having dark mode on your PC and browser eliminate blue light?

A 2012 Spanish study found that LED radiation can cause irreversible damage to the retina.

A 2019 report from the French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (ANSES) warned of the “phototoxic effects” of blue light exposure, including an increased risk for age-related macular degeneration

LED radiation?

So is it the bright light that damages the eyes or is it the LED technology in itself?

because if the latter is the case, dimming your screen or going to dark mode will not help........... i have been trying to get an answer for that question, with no luck so far.

can anyone dig up the truth?

Back