1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

Folks,
    I recently acquired some older carbon frame Juliets from around three or more years ago. They have very red colored lenses.They definitely look a different red to my newer ruby iridium. Any ideas what they could be? (I would be happy to post an image but seems I'm unable to any ideas why?).

Also, there is a serial number....is there any way to know how old they are from that number?
    Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

The color of ruby lenses can vary quite a bit. The newer ruby lenses can tend to look more like fire lenses than ruby. It's also possible that the red colored lenses are aftermarket and not Oakley lenses.

As far as the serial number goes....if there is no letter at the end of the number it's a first generation frame, if there's an "A" at the end it's a second generation frame and if there's a "B" at the end it's a third generation frame.

3. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

Thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense. The color of these lenses are much more like that of the Juliet's worn in the X-Men.
    The frame has a serial number without a letter after it (it begins with an "x"). Does that make it more collectible/valuable?

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Very depending on condition

5. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

Condition of these ones seems to be pretty decent. I'm going to send to Oakley to be tightened up just to make them perfect!!!
    What I was wondering was whether a first gen is worth more than a later generation assuming the condition is the same.

6. qtrain23

Depends. But x serial Juliet's have been pulling big money lately. 600-800$ I believe

They're initial run xmetal/ruby. Not carbon.

7. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

I'm going to send to Oakley for a tune up. Should I remove lenses, shocks, nose bombs etc or just send as is?

8. rickieb

rickieb Oakley Beginner

9. qtrain23

I don't think it matters

10. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

You need to take the lenses out if you wanna know whether they're Oakley's or not. Recently purchased a pair with dark ruby, went home and found out they were not Oakley lenses. Contacted seller and returned the next day.