• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Juliet Lens Color

I think they are real because the guy who sold it wasn't a collector - just a cop who needed some $$$.
That said, you never know...if I remove the lenses how can I tell that they're authentic or not? Is there something that identifies them as Oakley?

Yeah. The frames are 100% genuine. There's no question about that. The question was about the lenses and how you know if they're Oakley.

You can tell by the thickness, size, corner edges and bevels. Compare them to other Oakley lens you have. The guy I dealt with was not a collector. He just knows the value of the lenses and want to sell them at better price by replacing them with supposed to be dark ruby since the frame wasn't in good condition.

Oh that's not nice!! Thanks for the tips tho'. I will take the lenses out and compare.
The ruby lenses do look very cool!!!
By the way, the serial number is X006873. Anyone have any insight into what year that translates to or any other information?

Oh that's not nice!! Thanks for the tips tho'. I will take the lenses out and compare.
By the way, the serial number is X006873. Anyone have any insight into what year that translates to or any other information?

The pair is Juliet - X Metal - Ruby 04-116 X serial 1st generation (J is the later issue). These were issued late 2000/early 2001, the first record I can see of it being available in the UK is on the SSP list for Feb 2001. If you have the box and the label states A006873 then it is a matching pair, more desirable if this is the case. Someone may post this is an 'initial run' pair which in my belief is a descriptive misnomer seemingly linked to this model alone.

the older lenses look way much better than todays lenses. i have a 1st gen plasma/fire the lenses looks like todays ruby. even the emerald lenses, i like how the old ones look compared to the newer ones.

I have the first gen ruby in an x metal Juliet. The color is way different then anything they made afterward...

From my experience I can say those look to be the 'the real McCoy'. The differnce is in the depth of the colours, like NO other lenses you've seen. There will be purple in the centre leading out to deep red, which then lightens to a deep orange. Those colours change looking at different angles.

79192638.jpg

vnxVAAAHTGFJ.jpg

22-4-08009-1.jpg

X_MetalJuliets_Ruby.jpg

Attachments

• 79192638.jpg
    79192638.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 156
  • vnxVAAAHTGFJ.jpg
    vnxVAAAHTGFJ.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 22-4-08009-1.jpg
    22-4-08009-1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 170
  • X_MetalJuliets_Ruby.jpg
    X_MetalJuliets_Ruby.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 163
From my experience I can say those look to be the 'the real McCoy'. The differnce is in the depth of the colours, like NO other lenses you've seen. There will be purple in the centre leading out to deep red, which then lightens to a deep orange. Those colours change looking at different angles.

yeah but dont forget that theres more than a few aftermarket lenses that have pretty good ruby mirror.

best way to tell is still look through them- usually fakes are a grey base tint, whereas real ruby turns things blue as its a blue base

Latest Posts

Back