1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakMan42

OakMan42 Oakley Beginner

Found this video on the lens removal of the Radarlock

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

Nice video thanks, my only problem is that the regular radar only takes that long for me to switch the lenses so what's the benefit of the new style?

3. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

I'm kinda glad to see a new hybrid radar made, but I can switch my regular radar lens just as quick.

4. OakMan42

OakMan42 Oakley Beginner

Yeah I know I was thinking the same thing. There really isn't that much of a difference except it looks like popping the nose piece back may be a little easier but that's about it.

5. sander

sander Oakley Enthusiast

The only reason for the Switchlock to be incorporated into the Radar that I can think of, has to be to reduce stress on the lens during lens changes. Not to make it any quicker though. But that's just my 2 cents

6. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I believe you have hit the nail on the head sander! That is the benefit of Switchlock technology.

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Honestly I've never seen a Radar crack from stress so I don't know if that's really an added benefit or not.

Switchlock is a good idea but with how long it takes to fiddle with it you could've just as easily changed the lenses already on a regular pair.

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They should have made it so you can swap the lens with the frame still on your face IMO. No added benefit in my eyes, the nose piece was the worst part about changing the Radar lens and the R-Lock still uses it.

9. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

Switchlock was intended to improve optical clarity by relieving stress on the lens.

10. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

That may be the case but the lens is still contacting the frame at the same points and in the same way as the old radar, these are pointless in my eyes, they just want people to think they are great and new and spend money (who blames them $$$$$$)