• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reading This Ebay Listing Made Me Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I don't think they're all that bad for a $50 scratched up pair of Juliet's that the seller bought used off a cop from a crime scene, then polished and anodized in a garage. Of course, I'm sure you're all familiar with how the rivets bend when these glasses are in a motorcycle wreck, and I'm sure you've all done tons of machining on Ti alloys, so you know that you have to use Cobalt drill bits to ream and bore out the holes. Really specific speeds and feed rates.

Oh wait, you all just send yours to X-man and let him do the work.

"Welcome to the forum!"

*******s.

Welcome, So your saying a 50 dollar pair of scratched up Juliet's bought from a cop from a crime scene, so stollen property, re-anodized to a different color is worth 1000 dollars? Talk about ripping off the public, I understand it takes time to redo and the hard work put in to redoing it, but they did not make the glasses, Oakley made them and sold them at a fair rate. You don't see X-Man fixing them and selling for outrageous prices!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, I"m sure these will get deleted, but man this guy pissed me off...

And if my skills at restoring X-Metals were as bad as this ebay auctioneers attempt at restoring X-Metals, I'd consider sending them to X-Man too. I can slap poop on a wall, it doesn't mean that I should request to repaint the Sistine chapel.

*Edited to change paint to poop, because quite frankly, the mediums used in this abomination can't be considered anything less than ****.. which unfortunately gets edited*

Sorry, I"m sure these will get deleted, but man this guy pissed me off...

And if my skills at restoring X-Metals were as bad as this ebay auctioneers attempt at restoring X-Metals, I'd consider sending them to X-Man too. I can slap poop on a wall, it doesn't mean that I should request to repaint the Sistine chapel.

*Edited to change paint to poop, because quite frankly, the mediums used in this abomination can't be considered anything less than ****.. which unfortunately gets edited*

Yeah, starting to cross the line from simple humor to running into the "be respectful" rule.

But still, I understand how someone in active service would be super pissed. I'm far from thrilled about the grave robbing and price gouging, too...

And maybe the mods will make an exception and leave these posts - can a guy truly be considered a member if he's a lurker who only joined to b!tch at us? I doubt he'll stick around anyway; the "be respectful" rule shouldn't apply here.

I'll be the first person to report my own posts. I think I did involving a set of posts we had in the exchange a bit ago :p

It really is deplorable, and the delivery method really irked me. So, I apologize if anybody is offended, unless you happen to have been someone who bought a pair of Juliets from a crime scene for 50 bucks, and polished off blood. Then, I don't apologize, not at all.

I'll be the first person to report my own posts. I think I did involving a set of posts we had in the exchange a bit ago :p

So that was you - lol! Thanks, I'm glad that's wiped from existence. And I hope we're still cool; wasn't sure because you seemed to be defending the other guy... no hard feelings here...
:drinks:

Haha, yeah, I called in the police to clean up the crime scene. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to buy articles of clothing and accessories at bargain bin prices. And no hard feelings, not at all man, just cause I disagree with someone doesn't mean we're not cool. It just means we have a disagreement. Unless you swoop in and pick at bodies. Then we're not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back