• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Recent purchase (quality)

OmarJ

Oakley Beginner
I just purchased eight Prizm lenses and while I love the lenses I am very disappointed with the quality control. Out of eight lenses I had to return four due to defects in the finish. Two others that I kept also had minor defects. In trying to find exchanges I found four others that had issues. Mostly small pricks or blemishes in the Iridium (yes, I admit that I am picky but for $80 - $110 a lens I think that I have a right to be). By the time I was done both the local stores (both were extremely helpful) had run out of the Flak XLJ Prizm Baseball lens and I am waiting for a new shipment to give it another try. Has anyone else had this experience recently? BTW, the Prizm Baseball seemed to have the most problems with five out of six sets having defects, but I also had a problem with two Prizm Daily and two Prizm Road. I could not even make a single good set out of the five baseball sets since in every case it was the left lens that had the problem.

Over the years I have bought dozens of Oakley sunglasses and lenses and have never experienced anything like this.

I started noticing more problems when Oakley switched to their new lens packaging. But never anything like this. Maybe the plastic contacts and rubs the lens on occasion? I know it is designed not to do that but even one of the Oakley salespeople told me that he has seen more defects since they started using the new packaging. Coincidence?

Oakley's service is pretty subpar, I keep promising myself I'll stop buying from them.
But as far as scratches on the iridium I am honestly beyond caring if it doesn't affect my vision. I like to wear all my pairs and I can't make a fuss because i have an active lifestyle and they scratch SO easily.

Oakley's service is pretty subpar, I keep promising myself I'll stop buying from them.
But as far as scratches on the iridium I am honestly beyond caring if it doesn't affect my vision. I like to wear all my pairs and I can't make a fuss because i have an active lifestyle and they scratch SO easily.

Sure, I scratch my lenses on occasion (it is going to happen unless you don't wear them), but I don't want them to come that way!

I never bought them from the plastic packaging yet. Those were a good idea so it cuts the need to open a box for inspection (if you can see through the packing well enough), and gives access to a preview of the tint, but I can also imagine the finishes are more vulnerable.

I don't blame you about complaining. You expect a new pair to be flawless, and so replacement lenses shouldn't be any different with how much they cost.

I have noticed the same thing, and the lenses in the boxes with old packaging aren't safe either, especially when you buy them at a store. People take them out, employees clean them relentlessly with those old rags in their pockets... It's so bad I request they not clean them. Even a brand new, never touched lens, out comes that dirty rag to mark it up... I got so tired off fighting it I now buy all lenses straight from oakley off their website. I know you are talking about the flak lenses in the plastic packaging though... Sounds like no lenses are safe, lol.

Latest Posts

Back