• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ti band gearbox

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
Can someone tell me is this band something easily sized or do I need a jeweler? It has flat head screw heads at each link however they continuously spin when turned making me think they are simply decoration.

Any help?

Yup i itried resizing mine but i am hesitant since it slips and can scratch the band badly.. not sure if there is a better way of doing it or i am just too cautious.. lol

Yup i itried resizing mine but i am hesitant since it slips and can scratch the band badly.. not sure if there is a better way of doing it or i am just too cautious.. lol

Get a precision screwdriver with the spinning top. Or have a friend help you.. They have have added thread lock so some pressure might be needed.

Thanks for the help. It is NOT an easy process and scratching the band seems inevitable. Why can't it be easy like the MM or HP bands?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. It is NOT an easy process and scratching the band seems inevitable. Why can't it be easy like the MM or HP bands?!?

If you have the correct precision screwdriver like @Jmgarcia mentions it's really not that hard. You just need to make sure the tips of the screwdriver are the correct size as to not slip or to scrape the sides as you turn the screw. The most difficult part is stabilizing the band while you perform this if you don't have the proper tools. But like he says get a friend to hold it for you while you remove the screws.

With some time and the right tool you should be ok. Or you can plasti-dip the tips of the screwdrivers and avoid scratching anything.

TI scratches come off pretty easy. There is lots of threads on how to do so.

I prefer the GB links, it has the bar that keeps the links together, and you can pretty much add any leather or rubber band to it. I have yet to hear anyone losing a screw from coming undone or stripping the head of a MM screw which I guess happens more often then GB screws.

Back