1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Can someone tell me is this band something easily sized or do I need a jeweler? It has flat head screw heads at each link however they continuously spin when turned making me think they are simply decoration.

Any help?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. The_Darkone

The_Darkone Oakley Collector Premium Member

You need two screwdrivers. One to hold one side still while you turn the other side. The two sides basically screw into each other to form the rod/pin for the link.

IUSTEVE and Jmgarcia like this.
  3. barok0208

barok0208 Oakley Enthusiast

Yup i itried resizing mine but i am hesitant since it slips and can scratch the band badly.. not sure if there is a better way of doing it or i am just too cautious.. lol

4. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector

Get a precision screwdriver with the spinning top. Or have a friend help you.. They have have added thread lock so some pressure might be needed.

The_Darkone likes this.
  5. barok0208

barok0208 Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks man.. will do.. hopefully i can use my ti auto gb soon..

6. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Thanks for the help. It is NOT an easy process and scratching the band seems inevitable. Why can't it be easy like the MM or HP bands?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The_Darkone

The_Darkone Oakley Collector Premium Member

If you have the correct precision screwdriver like @Jmgarcia mentions it's really not that hard. You just need to make sure the tips of the screwdriver are the correct size as to not slip or to scrape the sides as you turn the screw. The most difficult part is stabilizing the band while you perform this if you don't have the proper tools. But like he says get a friend to hold it for you while you remove the screws.

Jmgarcia likes this.
  8. Jmgarcia

Jmgarcia Oakley Collector