• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tincan reviews

I'll throw in my 2 cents, i always loved the Tincan design and I have had several pairs.
Although i have a slightly larger head, I did not care for the flex of the carbon fiber Tincans. I like a slightly tighter feel and i always felt as tho they were more likely to fly off my head, if I made quicker motions movements
With that in mind, I preferred the non-carbon fiber Tincans as they flexed a little less and felt a little tighter.
Of course this all boils down to personal preference but I personally never realized or expected there to be a different in the fit/feel of the carbon fiber and the non-carbon fiber Tincans but there definitely is.
this just means you'll need to buy one of each kind :) a daily wear and a special occasion pair.

I have the Titanium with titanium polarized lenses
and i used to have 2 carbon Tincans, including the 00 Red lenses one you mention
I wear more x metals these days... I sold the 2 Tincans because the x metal habit is expensive
I think i had a fourth pair as well.

I usually buy based on getting a deal rather paying full price for exactly what i want. This is only because i have way too many sunglasses
but with a Tincan, I would definitely consider spending the funds to get exactly what i wanted because i think they are amongst the best of Oakley's designs IMHO,
I think they are the kind of Oaks that are worth collecting which def does not apply to all oakley IMHO

these 3 I find compelling.
a) Satin Black Tincan Carbon with Black Polarized
b) Matte Black Tincan Frame with ???
c) Carbon with 00 Red lenses

goodluck, put some pics up when you get your Tincans!

I have the Titanium with titanium polarized lenses
and i used to have 2 carbon Tincans, including the 00 Red lenses one you mention
I wear more x metals these days... I sold the 2 Tincans because the x metal habit is expensive
I think i had a fourth pair as well.

I usually buy based on getting a deal rather paying full price for exactly what i want. This is only because i have way too many sunglasses
but with a Tincan, I would definitely consider spending the funds to get exactly what i wanted because i think they are amongst the best of Oakley's designs IMHO,
I think they are the kind of Oaks that are worth collecting which def does not apply to all oakley IMHO

these 3 I find compelling.
a) Satin Black Tincan Carbon with Black Polarized
b) Matte Black Tincan Frame with ???
c) Carbon with 00 Red lenses

goodluck, put some pics up when you get your Tincans!

Thanks bro for your input...I'm close to making a decision but when I do I will definitely post pics if I decide on one!

I meant to say - Tungsten W/Tungsten Iridium Polarized Lens
BTW, I def like the Tungsten lenses, they make everything look warm

I have the Ferrari Tincan and Ferarri Carbon Tincan and wear em when I don't feel like wearing xmetal ones. I really like the hinge design. My wife wears Tincup RX everyday and never had any problem with the hinges (same design as the tincan's).

I have the Ferrari Tincan and Ferarri Carbon Tincan and wear em when I don't feel like wearing xmetal ones. I really like the hinge design. My wife wears Tincup RX everyday and never had any problem with the hinges (same design as the tincan's).
I like the Ferrari edition but they don't come polarized or else that would have been my top choice. I did see a Ferrari edition polarized on ebay but I'm not too sure buying from ebay especially when I'm not aware they ever made one polarized in Ferrari edition.

I like the Ferrari edition but they don't come polarized or else that would have been my top choice.

The Ferrari Tincan comes with black iridium polarized lenses. The carbon comes with non-polarized lenses.

Latest Posts

Back