• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Prizm Sunglasses for Snow / Ski

Sm11f

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some Oakley sunglasses for skiing, I have the Flight Deck Goggle (love them) and use the Prizm Snow Rose in flat light and Prizm jade iridium on bright days, I would like a pair of sunglasses with something similar to the Prizm jade iridium, they don't seem to list any of the Prizm sunglasses for snow/skiing though?

I notice the Prizm shallow water looks similar in colour (green mirror tint) to the prizm jade iridium, would that be a good choice for snow or am I barking up the wrong tree?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used baseball around the snow quite a bit this year and have enjoyed it. Haven't tried the others on snow so don't have much to compare to.

I have used baseball around the snow quite a bit this year and have enjoyed it. Haven't tried the others on snow so don't have much to compare to.

What tint do they have when you look through them?

I just chatted with Oakley live chat and they seem to think the prizm daily would be good and has a similar roseish tint when looking through them, would have preferred a more mirror like outside look though...

My go to has been VR28 Black iridium for bright days when skiing. About the same rosy tints as the Prizm snow goggles.

Weather is looking good here so Airbrakes with Prizm Torch or Prizm Black on Wednesday :cool-20:

Prizm daily would be OK on a full sun day, but if you're in and out of the trees or it's overcast I think you'll find them too dark and not "contrasty" enough. Betcha they don't make up words like that on Live Chat!

Prizm daily would be OK on a full sun day, but if you're in and out of the trees or it's overcast I think you'll find them too dark and not "contrasty" enough. Betcha they don't make up words like that on Live Chat!

Thanks for all the replies, I want to go with the Holbrook or Turbine so this is going to limit my lens choice as well, I understand what you're saying about the prizm daily, it may be a little on the dark side, I would prefer to go a bit lighter, I'm still leaning towards the prizm shallow water but I'm put off by it being branded for fishing, it has 21% VLT just not sure how well it would work with snow?

I just bought my first pair of oakleys and 5 lenses for the express purpose of finding the best lense for flat light on snow. Absolutely had to have them for work. The Prizm Trail won easily with persimmon a distant second. For bright days any of the darker (less light transmissions) lenses work. That's more a personal preference thing. My favorite for that was the prism daily. I wish Oakley would make a dedicated flat light snow lense for their glasses. It would probably be something like a brighter Prizm Rose and they'd sell lots of them.

I am big fan of Oakley . I love using mine while playing baseball or other outdoor activity . Oakley recently released a Black Prizm lense, which gives you the darker shade (grey tint), but with the amazing Prizm clarity. I have been wearing Golf Prizm on low light days and Daily Prizm other teams (both rose tints), including off the course. The Black Prizm will likely be my new brighter days go to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back