• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

Figured as much. You should have taken the glory, I'll forget it come tomorrow's hangover ;-)

Nah, credit where credit's due...

The author was Chris Claremont and the book was one of his "First Flight" trilogy, I think the first one but maybe the second; like I said it's been decades so I don't remember exactly...

late to the discussion but i wanna throw a few things in the bucket...

Payment gets funky from overseas buyers who do not have Paypal. And as already mentioned, Seller is mis-labeled as a terrible person because it takes forever for item to get there. After all most collectors WANT IT NOW!!!! right?

My definition of "CONUS" as far as shipping goes includes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico....US Territories period. If I can ship it USPS Priority...I'll ship it.

Heck, if I could ship USPS Priority to Sweden, I'll do it.

Wouldn't it be easier if you do "US only" instead of "CONUS only"? Less letters, less confusion.

You should be able to ship USPS Priority internationally. It is very expensive though.

My definition of "CONUS" as far as shipping goes includes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico....US Territories period. If I can ship it USPS Priority...I'll ship it.
100% !
Flip took exception to one of my exchange listings that said "free CONUS" but honestly it was lazy shorthand for wherever I can ship USPS, non-international. Which means Hawaii, AK, PR, Guam, etc. To say CONUS is easier than all that and but the short answer to the OP is that it is easier to ship within the US, simple as that.
I'm (usually) happy to ship International as long as the buyer understands that this is a different level of service which is on them. But... as often as not the buyer wants a break on item cost because of the shipping cost is higher... or wants cost lowballed on customs- which limits my ability to protect myself with insurance. But with a modicum of patience and communication things can usually be worked out.
Only in one instance have I not facilitated an international deal and I do feel a little badly about it- but it was a box and I wasn't terribly stoked about looking at different shipping costs for a box. My apologies...

Back