• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal EXPERTS Needed On Juliets!

I have the EXACT same pair CrazyALee. No sku# or serial and one ear stem touches the orbital when closed and the other doesn't. Mine are 100% legit as they were purchased from SGH by the original owner. They came with box, coin etc and he even sent me the original receipt.

I think the purpose of one ear stem touching and one not, is that you're meant to close the one that doesn't touch first and then the other to avoid contact with the orbital. At least that's what I do!

They're definitaley legit tho so I wouldn't worry about that.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. Its just strange that they make the arms close inconsistent for some pairs. Quality control problem maybe?

Because there are some x metal pairs out there where both arms fold and stop perfectly, before touching the orbitals/frames....where both are equivalent and balanced. Again, I have a Mars crater and a serialized juliet where both arms for both models stop perfectly proportional..

If all pairs were made "perfectly", then it would eliminate the hassle of closing the arm that doesnt touch first, followed by the touching one after that.

Just one more add...I have two versions of the Juliet Polished/Polarized Fire, both are model number 04-119. One has a serial, the other has nothing, no SN, no model number. The Juliet Polished/Polarized Fire version that supersedes it is 04-147, this has the model number on the stem.

Those Juliet's look 100% legit...as far as having nothing on the arm, if it was a custom order frame it won't have any makings on the arm. Every custom order Juliet that I've ever had has not had any markings on the arm.

Back