• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Rivet Removal Tool. Where To Find One?

First of all my take on this is that we are individuals that congregate on the internet over a forum with the same hobby or interest of Oakley sunglasses. Unfortunately not everyone is here for the same purpose and I for one has been scammed by people whom I've known and befriended over forum a few times. It made it hard for anyone to trust anybody over the internet. Alot of your problem would be solved if you could just walk in the Oakley HQ one pair at a time which they will offer you tune up and replacement of all the rubber parts for free of charge. That is if you live locally in the Southern California. Oakley is just blocks down the street where my rental property is. I also have friends working there which $64.99 tune up are foreign to me. If it was years ago, I would jump the gun and offer to help my forum friends to bring their shades in for warranty service. Today, I am not quite sure if good deeds goes unpunished.
Long post but to distill: you live near Oakley HQ so get free tunes. You don't want to help others by getting their glasses tuned for free for them.

Is that a correct summary?

If so, I don't blame you.

Oakley Europe has been a little hit and miss. Last time they did my Juliets free and well, the time before that they charged me for my XXs and I had to complain a couple of times before they sent me a replacement orbital screw afterwards. They have been out of parts for the XXs for years, I think they might still have some Juliet parts.

Europe to US shipping has been good for me with only one item going missing in 14 years of shipping (family and friends in the US). I rarely feel insurance is worth it considering cost, taxes etc.

You can catch a lot flies with honey, but you can catch more honeys being fly...

Or something like that...

Last edited:
Back