• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Post!

Donzi

Oakley Beginner
Hello , New member and first post here. I bought so many prescription Oakleys in the last year (a Dozen or more?) my optician suggested a actual Oakley display case to house them. The more I thought about it the more logical it seemed. Right now they are in a dresser drawer in cases , which requires opening each case to find the pair I'm looking for. Double that procedure if I'm looking for eyeglasses and sunglasses! So since im right in the middle of updating the Master walkin closet I figured it would be a great time to set a cube in a nice cherry shelving unit complete with drawers. After scouring through the great galleries on here I decided on a Strechline cube. I've been watching Ebay religiously to no avail. So my question is how hard/ timely are these to find or would I be better off making my own? Shouldn't be that hard...some angle iron , carriage bolts , water jet or CNC the Strechline logo (anyone on here have a program set up?), Plexiglas ( I could even do ballistic so they are safer when I leave the house!). From what I reading on here they might be a little obscure? All of your knowledgeable opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Happy to help! Having read the thread, I think I would be looking for some alu for the main part to save weight...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I agree with you there. I was looking to do a little larger than normal cube , so hopefully that will help on weight savings.

Welcome, I wish you luck on finding a strechline cube, they don’t come up very often , you might want to get a regular cube for the time being, I don’t remember the last time I saw one on eBay, it’s been a while

Back