• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2020 Whisker

Thank you sir
My whiskers from oakley will be delivered tomorrow, usually after 5 pm est. Ill take pics and also post side by side with classics. Still processing the 3 i ordered from the glassesonweb. I emailed CS and they said due to Covid, shipping & blah blah blah. So its looking like i probably wont get this week. Ill post pics when they come in.

My whiskers from oakley will be delivered tomorrow, usually after 5 pm est. Ill take pics and also post side by side with classics. Still processing the 3 i ordered from the glassesonweb. I emailed CS and they said due to Covid, shipping & blah blah blah. So its looking like i probably wont get this week. Ill post pics when they come in.
There in finally!!! These are from oakley.com, still waiting on the others to be shipped. Im not sure how many pics i can put up but i took a bunch of them singly and then with the gen 1 whiskers. The new 2020 whiskers are on top of the gen 1's. Ill group this post with just the 2020 and next post showing combined. Enjoy

IMG_20200903_153023.jpg

IMG_20200903_153029.jpg

IMG_20200903_153153.jpg

So after wearing them for just 10 mins outside i have a mixed review. For the negative: The prizm p etched in is terrible. Very noticeable in my periphery and it didnt go away. Also has reverse glare. It's hard to describe but ill give it a shot. There is a glare that comes from behind just wearing the glasses normally. I pushed them closer to my face and it lessened. After about 10 mins. It did seem to mostly go away as i got used to them. Positive: super comfy, very light and i luv the cam like hinges. So for my initial rating id give it a 7 out of 10 for the chrome and 9 out of 10 for the black. The etching on it is simply stupid. It seems to go very deeply into the lens for the chrome pair. The Black pair it is not so noticable. Maybe oakley just screwed up this ones etching. I have another coming of the same pair i will compare and see. Ill throw up a couple of pic s and u can decide for urself if the etching is off.

IMG_20200903_165417.jpg

IMG_20200903_165242.jpg

IMG_20200903_165126.jpg

So after wearing them for just 10 mins outside i have a mixed review. For the negative: The prizm p etched in is terrible. Very noticeable in my periphery and it didnt go away. Also has reverse glare. It's hard to describe but ill give it a shot. There is a glare that comes from behind just wearing the glasses normally. I pushed them closer to my face and it lessened. After about 10 mins. It did seem to mostly go away as i got used to them. Positive: super comfy, very light and i luv the cam like hinges. So for my initial rating id give it a 7 out of 10 for the chrome and 9 out of 10 for the black. The etching on it is simply stupid. It seems to go very deeply into the lens for the chrome pair. The Black pair it is not so noticable. Maybe oakley just screwed up this ones etching. I have another coming of the same pair i will compare and see. Ill throw up a couple of pic s and u can decide for urself if the etching is off.

View attachment 783979

View attachment 783980

View attachment 783982
Thanks for the old/new shots and the review

There in finally!!! These are from oakley.com, still waiting on the others to be shipped. Im not sure how many pics i can put up but i took a bunch of them singly and then with the gen 1 whiskers. The new 2020 whiskers are on top of the gen 1's. Ill group this post with just the 2020 and next post showing combined. Enjoy

View attachment 783956

View attachment 783957

View attachment 783958
I guess this just goes to show that Lux CS is garbage...”oh we dc’d them..blah blah blah...” f’ers. Congrats on getting them from Oakley.

View attachment 783979

View attachment 783980

View attachment 783982

Might be a bad batch of the polarization coating. On my pair of satin/sapphires the Prizm etch is hardly if not too visible at all in my peripheral.

My 2020 Sapphires came in today. One thing which I guess should be a duh is the lenses seem noticeably larger than I remember my older pair being. Maybe they are the same size? For me that is a slight con as I prefer smaller wires such as older C, E, A wires. Still on the fence as I have the tungsten color also ordered.

Back