• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2020 Whisker

I found the Prizm etching to not be too deep. The Whiskers I bought I thought were about the same. I agree the pic does look as if that one was done a touch deeper than standard.

Got my whiskers today too. Just tried them on and I am not a fan on how they sit on my face.

Might just sell them on the forums or something

My 2020 Sapphires came in today. One thing which I guess should be a duh is the lenses seem noticeably larger than I remember my older pair being. Maybe they are the same size? For me that is a slight con as I prefer smaller wires such as older C, E, A wires. Still on the fence as I have the tungsten color also ordered.
They certainly look bigger in the pics above. I agree-was hoping they would be closer in size to the originals.

My 2020 Sapphires came in today. One thing which I guess should be a duh is the lenses seem noticeably larger than I remember my older pair being. Maybe they are the same size? For me that is a slight con as I prefer smaller wires such as older C, E, A wires. Still on the fence as I have the tungsten color also ordered.
They are a little bigger. U can look at the side bye side, or upper and lower, as the new ones are on top in the pics i uploaded.

Did u notice anything with the etching? My sapphires are really noticable, so much so that i wont wear them and probably relegate them to my display case with the gen 1's.

Did u notice anything with the etching? My sapphires are really noticable, so much so that i wont wear them and probably relegate them to my display case with the gen 1's.
I haven't tried them outside yet, but from just trying them on inside I didn't see anything noticeable. I even tried looking in that corner with the etching after I read about your pair. Still on the fence just due to their size mainly.

They certainly look bigger in the pics above. I agree-was hoping they would be closer in size to the originals.
They are a little bigger. U can look at the side bye side, or upper and lower, as the new ones are on top in the pics i uploaded.

The lenses are smaller. I put the new ones on before I left the house and my own when I got in the car and noticed a significant difference in lens coverage over my eyes.

I just got off chat with glassesonweb. Supposedly they contacted distributor and they will be shipped next week. I believe u ordered from them also. I have 3 more coming, carbon, red and another saphire.
Screenshot_20200904-100920.png
So the 2 to 4 business shipping days is bunk. Is it to much to ask for honesty these days? Attached is the response from them

So after wearing them for just 10 mins outside i have a mixed review. For the negative: The prizm p etched in is terrible. Very noticeable in my periphery and it didnt go away. Also has reverse glare. It's hard to describe but ill give it a shot. There is a glare that comes from behind just wearing the glasses normally. I pushed them closer to my face and it lessened. After about 10 mins. It did seem to mostly go away as i got used to them. Positive: super comfy, very light and i luv the cam like hinges. So for my initial rating id give it a 7 out of 10 for the chrome and 9 out of 10 for the black. The etching on it is simply stupid. It seems to go very deeply into the lens for the chrome pair. The Black pair it is not so noticable. Maybe oakley just screwed up this ones etching. I have another coming of the same pair i will compare and see. Ill throw up a couple of pic s and u can decide for urself if the etching is off.

Just my opinion, I think you're wearing the glasses too high on your nose. If you would bend the nose pads out a touch on each side, maybe the glasses would sit lower on your nose, and you wouldn't see the etching. From the pics, it looks like your eyes are not centered in the lens... it looks like they are lower than centered. For me, if I wear glasses all the way up at the top of my nose, my eyelashes touch the insides of the lenses.

Back