• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$249 Carbon Primes @ jomashop (yes they’re legit)

Maybe the high initial price is to discourage scalpers.

Or a company trying to protect its reputation. If it's known as a discount brand, people will never pay sticker. And there is no cachet when the product is cheap.

Sent from Q's S8+
I don't know the reason that is why I asked. Any other marketing or saleman opinion, here?

It only make me seeing Luxottica make the best use of Oakley brand after the acquisition, and make a lot of money by selling low quality 'premium" before selling this brand off, who knows?

I believe a company who make a 599$ Carbon Prime (yes it is selling on Oakley.Jp website atm for 850$) at release, and should be aware of the current reselling value of 300$, in the long run people will stop visiting their outlets and wait for buying it on reselling platform for 1/2 or 2/3 of retail.

Last edited:
I knew one person that complained to the BBB and basically it ended up being a bad mark in th company with the BBB. It’s almost like negative feedback. But, if there is false advertising and if the company is listed with the BBB, then there is more recourse.

DEFINITION of 'Better Business Bureau - BBB' The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a private nonprofit organization that receives consumer complaints and rates the performance and reliability of businesses based on a number of criteria.”

I understand your frustration, but I think it’s going to cause you more stress than it’s worth. Plus, I foresee these frames going lower. A pair just sold on eBay for less than the $250...
Couldn't agree more. +1

It looks like two people had a bad day.

I may be wrong, certain frames can be sold for less than MSRP, usually discontinued frames or frames after a certain amount of time. Probably something in their retail agreements?

Maybe they bought for less than wholesale also?

Sent from Q's S8+
it is possible they bought less than wholesale? It would be nice to know the answer. Apparently, JOMASHOP sold it less than wholesale!

Back