• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Acquired 2 x metals today

The Penny doesn't look polished - as LinusOBerlin states; PI = Titanium frames with Ice Blue lenses. (Titanium being the frame finish - all X-Metals are a titanium alloy). Must have been supplied with incorrect box. Shame that the arm was mutilated in this way....

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Disclaimer - I/We at oakleyforum.com do not condone handling stolen goods

I can't they're my precious... lol...

I'm so happy I decided to get these metals vs getting a new Samsung phone...

I've never been so satisfied with a purchase in my life...

I was sad when they started phasing out the Juliets... Also in a city where we have a lot of Chinese class-A knock offs its tough and expensive to get the real deal... I had to make a lot of phone calls to friends hoping they had items they weren't using... And viola these metals...

The Penny doesn't look polished - as LinusOBerlin states; PI = Titanium frames with Ice Blue lenses. (Titanium being the frame finish - all X-Metals are a titanium alloy). Must have been supplied with incorrect box. Shame that the arm was mutilated in this way....

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Disclaimer - I/We at oakleyforum.com do not condone handling stolen goods

I also don't condone stolen merchandise that's why I tried to get them from friends I personally know... It just made me wonder why it seemed the serial has been shaved off. Thanks for the reminder tho..

Hi pare. Thinking out if the box, what I can think of, is that maybe the arm for some reason might be replaced and the serial printed currently on that arm might not match the frame so better than no serial than not matching serial....

To your point the screw on the left arm did seem irregular... Hmmmppp...

For the price your friend sold it to you, it is indeed a good deal, it is like the juliet was almost free. You will eventually sort the Penny out.

Yes I guess it was a lucky day for me... I've been lurking around this forum for weeks now then decided to get back on collecting after I drooled over everyone's collection...

Targets:
Penny (✔)
Juliet (✔)
Romeo 1.0 (x)
Romeo 2.0 (x)
Mars (x)

Oh my :confused:

Good point in the stolen merchandise... If I'm not mistaken these items came from the US and he personally brought them back here in Manila, it's odd because it has a price tag inside the box I guess what makes me wonder even more is because he works for jaguars Philippines and he had another pair that he was using and this pair remained in his cabinet and was only used a couple of times...

Anyhow No point in trying to solve a possible 15 year old mystery Hahaha...

This Penny is Mine... My precious...:crazy:

I appreciate all the comments
Thats right brother. Finder's keepers, Loser's weepers.

Back