• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Almost Got Ripped Off On CL For The X Squared.

No, but not as described. Or they conveniently forget to mention important details a collector would want to know.
There's still a large difference between the crapshoot that is eBay and what happens here. With peoples' perceptions on condition and varying standards for their collections it's easy to have a sour experience. But most of the time you're dealing with people that will do what they need to in order to make things right.

^^true that. Also, I think the OP is more concerned about not buying fakes. Also to the OP, don't put too much value on the lenses(price should reflect it though) since they are a wear item, unless you really want to wear stock oem lenses that has the factory etching.

Yes, I 'm more concerned about buying fake. I understand the lenses can be change,but spend $400.00 on a fake one is not right. The seller knows he's selling the fake one and never change his description on CL.

Based upon what present prices on E-Bay are for XS....and what you could close the deal on his CL X Squared's saying you "almost got ripped off" isn't really close to true. Buying a pair on ebay for close to $700 is getting ripped off. It's not like XS's are anything rare at all and having matching numbers makes much diff at all, I've switched lenses in many of my XS's or even Juliets....what matters is that is IF they are REAL Oakley product. Fake=ripped off......incorrect lenses......not so much.
Tim
PS...... the others on here can determine if they are a fake XS......Fake Juliets are commonplace and easy to tell, I haven't seen many if any fake XS's. All i'm saying is incorrect lens isn't the true determining factor, yes u gotta be careful unless you can look them over and hold them in your hot lil hands....

Re: fake XS, check out this thread:
Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist | Oakley Forum

Aside from the nosebridge screws and earstem screws, fake XS don't have other obvious tells like fake Juliets do.

Also the serial number discrepancy is more than just the wrong lenses, it's the wrong frame finish.

Hope everyone is well. This is my first time on the site. Been in the Hunt for some Carbon half X to replace the one's I got at the vault two years ago because of a broken Hinge. Got a question or two for you. Do u have to become a Premium Member to post on the exchange? And if you guys have a second, are these fake (New Oakley x Metal Half x Sunglasses Titanium Frame Ruby Iridium Lenses | eBay)
Thank you so much for the help guys.

Welcome to the forum.

For the exchange section, you need to be either a premium member or a free member with at least 15 posts and a minimum of two weeks as a member. There's a thread in the exchange section with the rules.

Those HX look ok to me but I'll defer to those with more hands-on experience with HX. There's also a "are these real or fake" sticky thread in one of the discussion forums for that sort of question.

You mean after having the hinge break on one pair of HX you want to go do it again???? :crazy: You could snag some Juliets for that price...:grin:

Welcome to the forum.

For the exchange section, you need to be either a premium member or a free member with at least 15 posts and a minimum of two weeks as a member. There's a thread in the exchange section with the rules.

Those HX look ok to me but I'll defer to those with more hands-on experience with HX. There's also a "are these real or fake" sticky thread in one of the discussion forums for that sort of question.

You mean after having the hinge break on one pair of HX you want to go do it again???? :crazy: You could snag some Juliets for that price...:grin:

Thanks for the info. I will look for the thread. Just kinda scares me since the arms have no markings at all, as in no model number and no 57 O 18.

And to be honest with me, i bought a few replacement lenses thinking the HX was going to last me as long as my Romeo 2.0 have. Stay are still banged up but going strong.

Back