• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An addiction or a hobby???

Yes sir, just a casual hobby I'm into right now :cool:

I could sell all my stuff and quit posting on this forum and feel at peace...

But I won't, because I like the interaction with people, the comradery, posting pictures and passing time at work :)

Been posting on forums for waaaaay too long...
I agree Your not addicted. If you were ,you'd would be looking at the forum eBay cl and other sites all the time to get your next fix .. Now selling you selling all of your xmetal and being at peace . I call b@llsh!t on that one .:D

I agree Your not addicted. If you were ,you'd would be looking at the forum eBay cl and other sites all the time to get your next fix .. Now selling you selling all of your xmetal and being at peace . I call b@llsh!t on that one .:D
Well, I won't right now because I like them lol...

But who knows, maybe one day I'll be like "time to sell this stuff and move on to another hobby"...

But for now, I enjoy it :)

P.S.
Remember, I've only been wearing and buying Oakleys for 2 years...I never used to wear sunglasses because I just didn't really care for them (exception was when I "borrowed" some wires from my buddy 10 years ago and lost them after a few months)...

For me it is simply an appreciation of one of the best American company's in history. An eye injury made quality shades a necessity. I found that with Oakleys I can barely tell that I'm wearing them, and the looks and lens quality made them my absolute favorites. On super bright days, I have always worn my CEBE 4000 Mineral Glass Glacier Glasses, but thanks to this forum, I am discovering that Oakley makes lenses that block the sun about as well as my Cebes. The Gold Polarized come to mind.
This is awesome, because although the Cebe are very high quality, they, are heavy. The Cebes that I wear are collectable, so I'll probably sell them and buy some extra Oakley lenses.

Since I began at around age 14, it was much more of a hobby than an addiction. Got my first pair for Xmas (24k plate) and love them, but then they got stolen and had to work like crazy to afford another pair. After an intense 4 months, I finally got the $ for a set of straight jacket with blue flames (those lasted through all highschool) and a bullet watch.
Then in college again working midtime finally got enough coin to get what I liked, and so the O bug bit me. Splice, gascans, wires, jupiters, crosshair, Judge watch, Ti square, brooks, catalyst, etc.
And now currently working as soon as I get a paycheck, I go directly to the exchange postings looking for something cool. Just in these past weeks I've bought Tron PB, Goldbrooks, 2 watches (blade and torpedo) new lenses, and still looking for detonator watch. And knowing myself and thanks to your lovley pictures, I now want a TB2, R2, Plates, Mars, TM, etc, etc...
I can say the "addiction" is real. It's expensive as hell... But I love it

For me addiction at first, that now turned a hobby. When I charged a pair of metals . behing the cheap sob I am I knew I had a problem. Also when I spent way too much time searching for them. So I took a hard look and took a step back. I now enjoy it much more

I'm a lens addict but not a frames addict. I am an Oakleys user, not a collector. Right now is the first time that I can remember having two nice pair of Oakleys at the same time. I am greatly impressed by the collections, and in my opinion, Oakleys qualify as a work of art. so collecting is to be expected, and it would be fun to have several of each pair of Mars, so that I could wear them full time.
Starting out, I had M Frames bought at Sam's Club for $65, and I really liked them a lot. I had the same pair for three years. I was mowing, and driving under some branches. They got knocked off and I saw them flip right under the deck. There wasn't enough left to cut out a pair of lenses. Then a pair of MOONS, that leterally fell apart after 8 years. But I wore them constantly.. New MOONS that are 8 years old are just WAITING to fall apart. I bought a pair of Silver MOONS to replace my Blacks. They were NEW, and lasted three weehks. VERY disappointing.
I could just kick myself fmor not buying a stack of MARS CRATERS when they were $150. I would have been set for life. Then I won a pair of FLAK JACKETS, and now I'm s lens whore. Perfect glasses for that obsession. I just bought a pair of WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS. Where have they been all of my life. One of the few things that LUX has impresswd me with are PRIZMS. I don't like the red llook of Golfs, but I may try them for the view. Either Golfs or TR22 SJHOOTERS. I am a whore, but I'm picky about my victims.

Last edited:
I'm a lens addict but not a frames addict. I had M Frames, same pair for three years. I was mowing, and driving under some branches. They got knocked off and I saw them flip right under the deck. There wasn't enough left to cut out a pair of lenses. Then a pair of MOONS, that leterally fell apart after 8 years. But I wore them constantly.. New MOONS that are 8 years old are just WAITING to fall apart. I bought a pair of Silver MOONS to replace my Blacks. They were NEW, and lasted three weehks. VERY disappointing.
I could just kick myself fmor not buying a stack of MARS CRATERS when they were $150. I would have been set for life. Then I won a pair of FLAK JACKETS, and now I'm s lens whore. Perfect glasses for that obsession. I just bought a pair of WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS. Where have they been all of my life. One of the few things that LUX has impresswd me with are PRIZMS. I don't like the red llook of Golfs, but I may try them for the view. Either Golfs or TR22 SJHOOTERS. I am a whore, but I'm picky about my victims.
I'm gonna have to correct you there. LUX did NOT impress anyone with Prizm.

That was some Oakley **** right there.

If it was LUX they would have ass raped everyone and stuck it in some stupid Ray Bans and charged much more for it.

I'm gonna have to correct you there. LUX did NOT impress anyone with Prizm.

That was some Oakley **** right there.

If it was LUX they would have ass raped everyone and stuck it in some stupid Ray Bans and charged much more for it.
:eek:.........:popcorn:

Jesus Christ Frank ! It´s Sunday and Church day today,

I absolutely believe You there. I just meant that it happened under Lux ownership. The Oakley brain trust develop the genius technology. I wonder who left when they layed off 600 people? It seems to me that the dies, molds, and material such as O-Matter and Unobtanium will be shipped to China. The frames will all be made in China, and the parts will be assembled here and the lenses nanufactured here. For Now. Then they will be assembled in the USA, and lenses manufactured here, so they will ne advertised as Made in USA, but China took over a bunch of $25 an hour jobs, and more importantly, 600 families just lost their health insurance.

Back