• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Random other stuff....

Girls pairs are kinda fire lately

This 13 actually looks real good in person even if I can tell the materials are a little dull. They were more interesting than the Altitudes imo. They also come in my size (9/27cm).
air-jordan-13-heiress-dark-raisin-AA1236-520-4.jpg

These Foams in Feb are clean. I like that the white eyestays are textured (synthetic?) leather. They're a PRM so it comes with a $250 price tag. Might watch this on discount hoping that other dudes my size sleep on it.
nike-air-foamposite-one-chrome-release-date-1.jpg

Alternate Galaxy foams are interesting, but I wish they were metallic.
Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Alternate-Galaxy-681x470.png

Shoe I'm digging the most right now is the Adidas Crazy BYW Ingram and P lowkey brought out on Kobe Day. A bit of a commemorative nod to Kobe's time with Adidas and his signature KB8 (now branded Crazy 8) with the FYW tech. This is the basketball version with the caged front Boost. Digging this because of the Lakers colors. Interested in how decoupled Boost plays.
123.jpg

Went window shopping at a couple of malls...

I see "wheat" must still be the color of the season. I saw several styles at MSRP. UMMMM, no thanks.

Saw some Foams in person. That Island green pair looks sick in person.

I saw some of that camo style Jordan 5...not bad.

Just nothing inspiring at the store level.

Sent from Q's S8+

Went window shopping at a couple of malls...

I see "wheat" must still be the color of the season. I saw several styles at MSRP. UMMMM, no thanks.

Saw some Foams in person. That Island green pair looks sick in person.

I saw some of that camo style Jordan 5...not bad.

Just nothing inspiring at the store level.

Sent from Q's S8+

Yeah I got some Visa gift cards and I don't like shuffling those things around so I was taking a hard look at the LeBron 15, Kyrie IV, and black Curry IV. The Altitude 13's and Gatorade 6's are nice builds, but don't fill any voids in my rotation.

I know there's already 2-3 items on my radar next year so may still hold my breath. I also want to prioritize trying new things. Like, the Wade 6 and Anta KT3 were some of my favorite pick ups this year.

I definitely don't care for the Royal/Blue and Eggplant Foams I grabbed this year. I only bought another AJ 12 because my last pair was wearing down. Shouldn't have bothered with that second AJ 11 IE unless it was the Concord, although that might be my Disneyland pair to beat up this weekend. Not gonna lie, the BBB ZO2 Remix could've been a better buy.

Yeah I got some Visa gift cards and I don't like shuffling those things around so I was taking a hard look at the LeBron 15, Kyrie IV, and black Curry IV. The Altitude 13's and Gatorade 6's are nice builds, but don't fill any voids in my rotation.

I know there's already 2-3 items on my radar next year so may still hold my breath. I also want to prioritize trying new things. Like, the Wade 6 and Anta KT3 were some of my favorite pick ups this year.

I definitely don't care for the Royal/Blue and Eggplant Foams I grabbed this year. I only bought another AJ 12 because my last pair was wearing down. Shouldn't have bothered with that second AJ 11 IE unless it was the Concord, although that might be my Disneyland pair to beat up this weekend. Not gonna lie, the BBB ZO2 Remix could've been a better buy.
I saw the Eggplant Foams before... I liked them, but I'm not inspired.... I also seen the dark green pairs. Ehhh.

I have a couple of $5 Nike gift cards, looks like I'll be waiting a while.

Sent from Q's S8+

Sent from Q's S8+
It's been a staple for Timberland for decades, the cycle of it being in has just come round again. With 36 pairs of premium 6" boots and another in the post, it's funny that I don't have any in wheat - I think the fact it is such a staple puts me off.

It's been a staple for Timberland for decades, the cycle of it being in has just come round again. With 36 pairs of premium 6" boots and another in the post, it's funny that I don't have any in wheat - I think the fact it is such a staple puts me off.
Nike has really embraced it this year. It's ok, but it's not one of those colors I would pay full price for.

Sent from Q's S8+

Any US member willing and able to get a pair of Limited Release | White Serpent 6-Inch Waterproof Boots | Timberland.com

and ship to the UK for me? I’ll chuck in $25 or so or maybe some used but still decent Juliet lenses for your trouble. eBay sellers are adding a mark up of over $100, which I have to pay duty on too so that would make a $190 pair pretty much $400+, which seems a bit steep...

Bought a pair at the scalper price, as they’ve just flipped to unavailable on the site.

Last edited:
BrandBlack x WearTesters Rare Metal

Xhomh85.jpg

2I6wkeu.jpg

jsCsGaK.jpg

bG8fttn.jpg

bYTUlc2.jpg

Z5c0PKy.jpg

bz2ZDHG.jpg

bjcajcm.jpg

Still have my other Rare Metal from the debut release. Beating those to hell to do whatever, and that being said, I'm probably being more careful with these because I feel the colorway makes the shoe actually look kinda good.

This was my best buy of 2016, wouldn't be surprised if it was my best buy of 2018. The only other shoe that I felt came so complete functionally was the Way of Wade 6 (which would be my best buy of 2017), but this has a more refined forefoot and weight whereas the Wade as a superior cushion and heel lockdown. They're both cleverly simple but effective.

Hyperflight Max in University Red/Black
PbMUycS.jpg

Deadstock pickup from 2013 on a whim. Really did it out of curiosity because of the full-length Air Max setup. This came along with the other Hyperflight retros. I remember seeing those during them college broke times and didn't care for them because they seemed like bricks (and I've heard such as well). The Max version also abandons the zipper and uses a high-front lacing system like the Rare Metal I posted just before.

The original Hyperflight was part of the Alpha Project in the early late 90's/early 2000's as signified by those 5 dots. Jason Williams was rocking the original version. I had the Garnett Flightposite II (brick!), which was my first Nike.com purchase ever. Cool stuff from a time everyone tried too hard to look futuristic at the turn of the millennium. This is like the first time I've ever had a full Zoom Air setup.

To the point:

• Wrinkles like a MF'er even when lacing. I'd be pretty mad if I paid that $180 retail+tax.
  • Upper is actually very form-fitting. Soft but I would wish it was a bit more snug.
  • Max Air feels great albeit you need to be running. All around comfortable
  • Insole has that high "wall" on the medial side, which I like
  • "Flight" branding for that throwback. Paper-thin tongue, though.
  • Question mark on that traction, but looks like it'd last at least.

vy4WoRDb.jpg
JdOGX47b.jpg
ZW1oN7ab.jpg
8i9yy78b.jpg

Back