• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

A good number of drops this week, and especially today. Was contemplating how much I'd empty my pockets for the Olive 12's, Lucky Charms Kyrie, and BYW X. Saw lines for the first two. The BYW X sold out online but I never tried bc white knit = trouble. And I passed on the other two because last night I placed a call and the downtown Footlocker still had these:

The LeBron 15 Prime. A white version of this shoe was on the SNKRS LeBron Watch earlier this year. Of course I took an L, but again, being white knit didn't burn too much. These red ones were spotted on LeBron's feet shortly after and months of guessing led to this week where they became a QS. I took the L on SNKRS, but since the Bay Area seemingly sleeps on all things LeBron and perhaps Lakers more than ever, in-store availability came through. VIP coupon worked too.

tVeFTfb.jpg

Strap and associated logos inspired by the original Diamond Turf. "Prime" title in nod to the one and only. Deion Sanders' signature line started with the sequel of the Diamond Turf if I got the record right, and what the shoes served functionally and how they looked netted supposedly took off well with the public. I was a mere squirt, so I can only read about it and his body of work as an athlete. Unfortunately Deion and Nike went a bit sour later on. I think he's with UA and I think there were royalties issues, too.
nike-air-diamond-turf-1.jpg

And so it's a bit weird seeing his logo here:
UkBY3ZZ.jpg

While this was in spirit of matching the Diamond Turf, the Nike Air tag is something I really like as a throwback and the LeBron 15 legit has Air in it.
PPgJdTQ.jpg

More throwback with the L23 logo
Q1R81Nd.jpg

Dat loose strap, Air Force 1 look. As far as functionality, I felt the LeBron 15 already had decent containment. Evidently LeBron could steamroll about with no problems last season. The strap does add a bit extra, though. Just being there is throwback LeBron in itself — whether it be early models or even the 14.
xsen7yT.jpg

A good number of drops this week, and especially today. Was contemplating how much I'd empty my pockets for the Olive 12's, Lucky Charms Kyrie, and BYW X. Saw lines for the first two. The BYW X sold out online but I never tried bc white knit = trouble. And I passed on the other two because last night I placed a call and the downtown Footlocker still had these:

The LeBron 15 Prime. A white version of this shoe was on the SNKRS LeBron Watch earlier this year. Of course I took an L, but again, being white knit didn't burn too much. These red ones were spotted on LeBron's feet shortly after and months of guessing led to this week where they became a QS. I took the L on SNKRS, but since the Bay Area seemingly sleeps on all things LeBron and perhaps Lakers more than ever, in-store availability came through. VIP coupon worked too.

View attachment 512886

Strap and associated logos inspired by the original Diamond Turf. "Prime" title in nod to the one and only. Deion Sanders' signature line started with the sequel of the Diamond Turf if I got the record right, and what the shoes served functionally and how they looked netted supposedly took off well with the public. I was a mere squirt, so I can only read about it and his body of work as an athlete. Unfortunately Deion and Nike went a bit sour later on. I think he's with UA and I think there were royalties issues, too.
View attachment 512887

And so it's a bit weird seeing his logo here:
View attachment 512888

While this was in spirit of matching the Diamond Turf, the Nike Air tag is something I really like as a throwback and the LeBron 15 legit has Air in it.
View attachment 512889

More throwback with the L23 logo
View attachment 512890

Dat loose strap, Air Force 1 look. As far as functionality, I felt the LeBron 15 already had decent containment. Evidently LeBron could steamroll about with no problems last season. The strap does add a bit extra, though. Just being there is throwback LeBron in itself — whether it be early models or even the 14.
View attachment 512891
I am not feeling these LeBron kicks... You either love them or hate them. These are just too much, IMO

I am not feeling these LeBron kicks... You either love them or hate them. These are just too much, IMO

Nah man, you're too much

lol but really, yeah it is a polarizing look. Pants fix the look of the 15's imo. The cushion kinda plays my mind to like the look more too.

Another Vapormax observation... These things are springy as all get out. My ATR are comfy and not springy. I am loving both of these kicks. I'm sad that I had to trash my Foams, but I wore them into the ground and my feet were hurting. Maybe I'll get another one, but I doubt it.

Nah man, you're too much

lol but really, yeah it is a polarizing look. Pants fix the look of the 15's imo. The cushion kinda plays my mind to like the look more too.
HUSH.

The 15 (minus that hideous Deion strap thing) looks OK. Maybe I'll try it. Just not in gray... That color has infested my shoe gathering.

Foams?!

I didn't know that was possible, granted I had a steep decline in wearing mine.
Yes. I had them for 18 months. After a while, I really felt the ground when I wore them... When my feet hurt, they gotta go.

Otherwise, they look relatively new.

Also on another note, customers were getting heated over the 12's today at Footlocker, and the manager there or whatever dropped the ball saying "we got 15 of this size, and 2 are going to employees". Maybe legal, but not a good thing to tell everyone waiting in line wanting a pair.

But I don't get why those people just don't buy online tho. Full size run still available it seems....

Air Jordan 12 Retro 'Olive Canvas & Metallic Gold' Release Date Nike⁠+ SNKRS

I did see a fat line at the Nike store too. People buying like 4 pairs. I mean these are really nice imo, maybe my favorite 12 these past couple years, but like...yo.

Also on another note, customers were getting heated over the 12's today at Footlocker, and the manager there or whatever dropped the ball saying "we got 15 of this size, and 2 are going to employees". Maybe legal, but not a good thing to tell everyone waiting in line wanting a pair.

But I don't get why those people just don't buy online tho. Full size run still available it seems....

Air Jordan 12 Retro 'Olive Canvas & Metallic Gold' Release Date Nike⁠+ SNKRS

I did see a fat line at the Nike store too. People buying like 4 pairs. I mean these are really nice imo, maybe my favorite 12 these past couple years, but like...yo.

That green is nice... But olive doesn't seem to be a popular color...it is usually marked down first.

Here... Lines are all over the place because school starts on Monday.

I am still amazed there are no regular Foot Lockers here...then again, corporate doesn't mind Champs and Foot Action filling in. I pretty much get my kicks online anyway

Back