• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Jordan 10 OVO

Been contemplating this pair since release and finally did it. This was a little too rich for my blood at the time. I mean I would pay up for Oakleys, but shoes were still a considerable wear item. Could afford to get them, but couldn't afford to ruin or replace them. Once I had more means, there just were other key pairs to pursue. I've gladly gotten my fix the past years.

Not a celebratory state of mind, but man, things change.
I had more Oakley's than shoes at that time. Now I'm trying to get rid of shoes.
A little before this pair released is when I started posting in this thread.
First thing I posted about was the Adidas Tent Sale pick-ups (D.Rose 4 and 4.5). I got those for like 10x less than this. I still have those pairs.

20220706_172544.jpg

Bought some sneakers I didn't need for my birthday. Some Air Jordan One CMFT and Air Force One Crater Flyknit. The CMFT aren't all that comfy, maybe if you're 20 they'll be comfortable. I wanted something different for the closet.

The Air Force One Crater Flyknit is such a comfortable sneaker. I bought a pair last year and I loved them, so I'm on my second pair of Flyknit.
20220805_140422.jpg

Bought some sneakers I didn't need for my birthday. Some Air Jordan One CMFT and Air Force One Crater Flyknit. The CMFT aren't all that comfy, maybe if you're 20 they'll be comfortable. I wanted something different for the closet.

The Air Force One Crater Flyknit is such a comfortable sneaker. I bought a pair last year and I loved them, so I'm on my second pair of Flyknit.View attachment 983395
haha. The Jordan 1 CMFT's are comfortable....

...compared to a regular Jordan 1, which may not say much.

This is what a regular Jordan 1 looks like inside. Consider the insole (grey layer on top) compresses almost entirely when being worn, and there's hardly anything between foot and ground. I think the CMFT has a bit more foam in the actual midsole, and also has it blend as the outsole.
1659808259861.png

haha. The Jordan 1 CMFT's are comfortable....

...compared to a regular Jordan 1, which may not say much.

This is what a regular Jordan 1 looks like inside. Consider the insole (grey layer on top) compresses almost entirely when being worn, and there's hardly anything between foot and ground. I think the CMFT has a bit more foam in the actual midsole, and also has it blend as the outsole.
View attachment 983533
My goodness... I knew there was a reason why I stayed away from those

The Air Force One Crater Flyknit is such a comfortable sneaker. I bought a pair last year and I loved them, so I'm on my second pair of Flyknit.View attachment 983395
Like the colourway on the Jordans though.

Adidas EQT Elevation (or "Crazy 97") Retro.

Kobe Bryant dunk contest colorway. I've very much still been a Nike/Jordan guy, but when it's Kobe, you know me. Not so special build. Materials are meh. This is a cheap build. Gets mad ugly over time with wear and creases.

The gem is the tooling. The Feet You Wear makeup stayed comfortable in the session I took them out, and that says a lot because it's otherwise an unassisted foam cushion setup.

The outsole can take outdoor abuse and the lacing system is Jordan 13-like. So yes it's a cheap shoe as far as build quality, but craftmanship is proper and it's good functional build.

I do have the KB8 ("Crazy 8") retro as well. That feels sloppier, but then again I had that pair since 2016ish.

20220727_171659.jpg

Back