• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone ever seen a case like this?

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
Saw this on Reddit. It’s like a double wide but different. The locks are interesting.
c0ade39e366f7a7672d6ab317eca6648.jpg

36c9bc745225ba72b5002a3d6ea6e714.jpg

I would wonder if maybe they are just some custom plates or something.

Don’t think so. They match the rivets on the case. Plus the regular lock parts top and bottom are missing.

Also the corner angles are different. This isn’t a standard double wide

I’m not seeing the oakley on the top cross bar area. Didn’t they all have the Oakley logo up there? It’s been a while since I had a case like this

Just talked to an employee that said he thinks it’s a custom plate made to block the key latch thing. He said if you take a key or knife and put it between the doors, you use to be able to lift up hard enough and you could get the latch to move and you could open the case even when locked. He said could be someone make a custom plate so you can’t get to the latch thing

Just talked to an employee that said he thinks it’s a custom plate made to block the key latch thing. He said if you take a key or knife and put it between the doors, you use to be able to lift up hard enough and you could get the latch to move and you could open the case even when locked. He said could be someone make a custom plate so you can’t get to the latch thing
Except all the double wides I have seen lock at the top and bottom. I dont see grooves in the bottom to accommodate the striker on the lock.

Except all the double wides I have seen lock at the top and bottom. I dont see grooves in the bottom to accommodate the striker on the lock.m

I have had ones that the lock was in the middle and some where lock were on top

Back