• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone fly drones?

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I just got my drone today. DJI Phantom 3. I unboxed it, charged it, put it all together, watched a quick video then flew it in the house... then crashed it into the wall! It held up and took the hit but it scared the s##t out of me. I am so impatient and it needed a software update but I wanted to try it out. I was afraid to take it outside because I figured I would turn it on and watch it fly away. Oh well after the crash I flew it a few more times and and then took it out on its maiden flight.

This thing is awesome. If you ever get a chance to play with one I am sure you would buy it.

IMG_3306_zpszn09093o.jpg

DJI_0011_zpslijnlazg.jpg

IMG_3306_zpszn09093o.jpg

DJI_0011_zpslijnlazg.jpg

I did have one, traded it a while back though. Kinda happy about it now with everything in the news about them haha. Certainly a fun thing to play with if you know what your doing. I never did fly it inside though :). I did lose connection to it one time and luckily it "returned to home", what a heart racing 5 minutes waiting for it come back or fly away lol. I had the cheaper one, but hopefully will get a phantom 2+ at some point, but its not high on my buy list right now. Glad you like yours.
DJI Pics 5-20-14 027.JPG

Did you guys see the new one they have out? Pretty much double the price but sick looking and carbon fiber parts also along with other stuff.....I didn't read much on it though. Just sick sick sick. :p

Yeah I can see where they would be an issue if you lived in town. I live in the country in a small town so mostly I fly out over the woods. I did fly it from my house to the school today to see my son at football practice. It was funny because he came running in the house and said "Oh I thought I'd beat you home" I asked what he was talking about and he said when he came out of the school after dressing there was drone flying around. Wasn't mine.

@OakleyFrankFMJ where did you see the carbon fiber drone? Was it a DJI?

Back