• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone still doing orbital stripped screw removal?

Walter Langkowski

ブンプ
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Las Vegas Nevada
a while back had a member buy a XX complete off me change the lenses 10 times and then when the T6 orbital screw finally stripped out 3 months and 10 sets of lenses later. He threw a temper tantrum filed a claim on me via PayPal and won and tried to give me negative feedback because I wouldn’t give him an automatic refund. Anyways I believe soulfrog used to do orbital screw extractions but I don’t think he’s doing any work as of late, Does anyone know of anyone else on the fourm that is know for doing orbital screw extractions? This individual proceeded to try to drill the screw out so it’s pretty jacked.

995149EB-07F7-41ED-852F-425B98D2468E.jpeg

I do it as part of my service, it's included actually, no extra charge. I've done it so many times (and have the proper tools and technique) that I don't even ask before doing it anymore. When I encounter a stripped screw, I just do it, get it out, and get on with the repair.

They made a pretty good mess of the screw head so my work would be cut out for me but I think I could finish this one off if you want to PM me for details.

Last edited:
Back