• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple announces 3 new phones

Facial recognition is a giant pita. I wear sunglasseses, inside and out, that messes with the recognition. My beard is never the same length, it grows and grows for a year and when I cut it, that messes with it. Wearing a hat is not good either. I don't feel the urge to take my hat and glasses off when I want to unlock my phone. The concept is nifty, but ultimately not worth it. I dont enjoy the finger print scanner on my LG. I use it for now, but when I was rock climbing several times a week my fingerprints were all jacked up. That caused problems at work with finger print scanners. Unless the iPhone comes out with something android hasn't done first, there is no reason to switch.

Excellent points, Wes. Hadn't thought about the rockclimbing thing before you said it. I can see where that would screw up the fingerprint scanner.

And until that face bullsh!t gets to it's third (read: Working) generation , I'm with you in skipping it. I'll keep my 6+ until it's time for an 8.

Excellent points, Wes. Hadn't thought about the rockclimbing thing before you said it. I can see where that would screw up the fingerprint scanner.

And until that face bullsh!t gets to it's third (read: Working) generation , I'm with you in skipping it. I'll keep my 6+ until it's time for an 8.
That was more my point over apple android. Working tech verses non working tech.

This shouldn't be an android vs Apple thread. That's like debating politics. Everyone has their own opinion I was merely explaining the adaptive recognition. If it's not for you then it's not for you. Good thing for you android fanboys you get new fancy phones every 3-4 months....
I wish I could get a phone every 3 or 4 months; those must be the ones who get those $80 or $100 phones; usually, people who get one of the flagships hold on to their phones longer ;)

My comment regarding new phones every 3-4 months was directed at Samsung who releases a new model every 3-4 months. As soon as the galaxy s7 was released the news broke regarding the s8 release date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My comment regarding new phones every 3-4 months was directed at Samsung who releases a new model every 3-4 months. As soon as the galaxy s7 was released the news broke regarding the s8 release date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
According to Google they were released 11 months apart. Most companies release a phone once a year.

Back