• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple announces 3 new phones

My comment regarding new phones every 3-4 months was directed at Samsung who releases a new model every 3-4 months. As soon as the galaxy s7 was released the news broke regarding the s8 release date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah. Ok. But as soon as a phone is released, the hypebeast comes out for the next one... Samsung released the S7 and in a few months, the bomb Note7 was released... and then like 9 months later, the S8 line was released. Three months and then a nine month lull does not make it a quarterly thing ;)

Apple seems to announce their things on an annual basis.

Ah. Ok. But as soon as a phone is released, the hypebeast comes out for the next one... Samsung released the S7 and in a few months, the bomb Note7 was released... and then like 9 months later, the S8 line was released. Three months and then a nine month lull does not make it a quarterly thing ;)

Apple seems to announce their things on an annual basis.

Precisely my point. Samsung releases/announcements seem to be monthly where you can set a watch (even an Apple Watch) to apples yearly release. Hell they don't even leak info or announce anything early. It's always in mid-September.

I'm getting a 7Splus. Heavily discounted once the new phones come out.

@QLR1 are you ready?
You mean iPhone 8 Plus? they won't carry the -s extension like previous model, i.e. 4s, 5s, 6s which I also expected the 7s, but from the demo last night, it will be 8 and 8 Plus.

me might go into the 8 Plus, cos I want to try to bigger screen.

I bought a iPhone 6 Plus 128gb three years ago and replaced the battery (by myself 7$ cost) ) 6 month ago so it's fresh as new. I plan to keep this phone for 3 more years. The benefits of new phones is getting to be almost nil, the only tech I will buy is probably JJ's phone if it's great or a unrollable style Oled screen when they make that tech. The way I figure I'm saving 4,000$ or more this way.

I bought a iPhone 6 Plus 128gb three years ago and replaced the battery (by myself 7$ cost) ) 6 month ago so it's fresh as new. I plan to keep this phone for 3 more years. The benefits of new phones is getting to be almost nil, the only tech I will buy is probably JJ's phone if it's great or a unrollable style Oled screen when they make that tech. The way I figure I'm saving 4,000$ or more this way.
that is very economical, man. I change my iPhone every 2 years, usually using one generation or two behind the latest for cost saving purpose (like early adopter of iPhone pay 100$ plus per month - for device price & data - and have to use it for a 2-year contract). but it is always tempting when a new shiny thing (iPhone) come out .... :cool-33:

After the 2year contract your bill gets reduced to just service and data costs so it's better to keep your original phone unless you need a new feature or in most cases people want a longer lasting battery which cost only 7$ to replace;) smart phone makers put batteries internally and cake the battery with a thick layer of glue to keep people from swapping them but with a blowdryer and patience you can dislodge it.

It's one of the cheapest parts but makes Apple billions!
IMG_8080.PNG

The screens are easy to replace also if you crack them.. basically there's nothing complicated about iPhone or Smartphones. Non skilled laborers put them together by the hundreds an hour.

Back