• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

are ‘00s oakley sneakers still usable

god_left_fabulous

Oakley Beginner
Italy
I recently bought a pair of Sourdough Sneakers in perfect condition and atm i’m lookin to make a deal to buy a pair of Pick Silvers in great condition but with a clearly aged sole. So the reason for the post is too seek some guidance on what to do with them. I really want to use them but i’m afraid they might fall apart very soon.
I’ll attach pics of the Oakley pick silver, so feel free to give me your impressions on the general conditions

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

the sole and main body of the shoe separation does bother me much, because i could always glue them. the real issue to me seams the possibility of the sole to crumble and entirely collapse, as happens to nike shoes from the ‘00s. but i know oakley’s quality is superior, so i had a bit of hope ahah

Give them some flex and see if you see any microfissures or evidence of cracking. Agree on the nikes. I've had a pair or two of air max 90s that crumbled like old styrofoam. No oakley shoes for me so I can't attest to the longevity. It's just old sneakers in general I stay away from.

Give them some flex and see if you see any microfissures or evidence of cracking. Agree on the nikes. I've had a pair or two of air max 90s that crumbled like old styrofoam. No oakley shoes for me so I can't attest to the longevity. It's just old sneakers in general I stay away from
yeah i might carefully try that, but probably i will just display them without using them.
thank you!

I've got about 20 pairs of old Oakley shoes I picked up from various sites the last few years and they've held together for the majority. 2 pair of Bottle caps were fantastic wearing around. But started falling apart as soon as I used them for their water use purpose. Flak hiking shoes and Jiggawatt shoe worn for a long time as work shoes and worked great. New Vertex boot is 15 months old and been worn everyday at work and are deteriorating quickly at this point. Rocking these bad boys right now. Solid shoe.
20240317_143235.jpg

I've got about 20 pairs of old Oakley shoes I picked up from various sites the last few years and they've held together for the majority. 2 pair of Bottle caps were fantastic wearing around. But started falling apart as soon as I used them for their water use purpose. Flak hiking shoes and Jiggawatt shoe worn for a long time as work shoes and worked great. New Vertex boot is 15 months old and been worn everyday at work and are deteriorating quickly at this point. Rocking these bad boys right now. Solid shoe.View attachment 1125677
those are niceeee, seeing old oakley sneakers in hand i always had the impression of them being superior to most commercial sneakers, and because of that i started wearing them with the hope of them keeping up. atm i’m frequently wearing my sourdoughs and i might try to use the pick silver once i’ll see them in hand. i’m attaching the sourdough that i mentioned because i’m so proud of the find that i have to show them off a bit ahah

image.jpg

Back