• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking For Help Can Be Tricky

Litos

I believe in babies, music, magic and mom and dad
Houston
Listen, I know people start threads on this forum to reach out to other potential helpful members to go check on a certain pair of sunglasses or watches that may be being sold in another city...

I tried doing @Serturbo a solid by driving a few miles to go look at this Red MM Watch that a pawn shop by my house had in stock - thread here Need help with watch pick up in pearland, Texas

What I have found out today is that there are probably 3 bums who intentionally tried to purchase the same Red MM Watch that @Serturbo posted yesterday...

The lady at the pawnshop told me that she had received four “offer up” messages for the same Red MM Watch, but only two members “that I know of” were looking at the same watch, AND ONLY 1 is those members messages her via Offer Up...

In closing, there are a couple ill willed folks trying to snake deals from other members, so if you value a good deal, you may want to keep it to yourself :(

Red MM was purchased and shipped, so it’s on its way to its new owner...

Glad to help and congrats to the new owner :)

CF28FBAB-26BE-4F8E-A6DA-C2D92439A1C7.jpeg
AB3F1780-4900-4081-91E6-09D26180C242.jpeg
F7006173-EF01-47CC-8A52-EB094FB88A12.jpeg

Thanks for the PSA announcement bro...I worry about people posting these things and trying to snake deals out that others find. It also screws the deal for the finder, ruining his leverage on the deal. Once the seller finds more buyers they don't feel the need to drop the price to move it. I hope @Serturbo is getting his watch and can get that thing cleaned up. I also hope he got it for much cheaper than asking price too.

Thanks for making the deal happen.

@Litos be like
12b98cd4df01269b17c8a6a8c4973803.jpg

I’m familiar with a few (unnamed) people on here that I know are sharks. A few months ago another forum member I talk to did an experiment to find and prove some forum members were sharking deals from others. The result was like someone threw blood in the water. It happens a lot more frequent than you might think.

Thats why you dont post your info, location or deals..
But.. I saw it on offerUp as well. I wouldnt blink think twice about getting before another member, just like I wouldnt feel bad sniping an auction.

Thats why you dont post your info, location or deals..
But.. I saw it on offerUp as well. I wouldnt blink think twice about getting before another member, just like I wouldnt feel bad sniping an auction.

When an item is posted publicly as an auction or not sold yet, it’s free for the taking in my eyes, but personally, I wouldn’t post on the forum something you’re trying to buy. It is pretty low to try and buy something out from under another forum member trying to arrange a way to buy/get it.

When an item is already purchased and someone else contacts the seller to get the seller to cancel the sale and sell to them is what I’m talking about. That’s what I have a real issue with.

Back