• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Lens For A Chop To Fit Original C-wire Ti Frame?

ukCollector

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys
I have an original C-wire Titanium (with the original titanium iridium lenses complete with engraving) but there's a patch of scratches *just* close enough to my visual axis that it drives me mad. Shows up like a chunk of gunk under a contact lens and makes me want to blink like crazy to get rid of it.

As the original lenses are not available from Oakley any more, can anyone suggest which currently available base lens would be suitable to cut to fit? Also - are the Ti frames the same lens size and shape as the normal C5 C-wire frames of that era?

lenses should be interchangeable with the non titanium version of the C-wire of the same generation, BUT theyre probably hard to come by as well by now.

the C wire SHOULD be a 8.75 base lens. so just find an appropriately large donor lens. your "hail mary" is usually the fast jacket lens - fits MOST 8.75 based lens cuts.

Thanks for the info! 2000-era C-wire replacement lenses are just completely unavailable in the UK as far as I can tell. After the Luxottica takeover, Oakley moved their UK HQ and after that move a LOT of older glasses suddenly seemed to be 'no parts available' or 'unable to repair' in this part of the world. I get the feeling that a lot of older inventory might have bitten the dust around that time.

Fast jacket lenses aren't available in Ti iridium any more from the online Oakley store, so I guess it's time for a trek to the local O store with a ruler... if the lenses for the C-wires come out OK, a new set of black iridiums (maybe even polarized) for my Romeos are likely to be next in the pipeline...

Thanks for the info! 2000-era C-wire replacement lenses are just completely unavailable in the UK as far as I can tell. After the Luxottica takeover, Oakley moved their UK HQ and after that move a LOT of older glasses suddenly seemed to be 'no parts available' or 'unable to repair' in this part of the world. I get the feeling that a lot of older inventory might have bitten the dust around that time.

Fast jacket lenses aren't available in Ti iridium any more from the online Oakley store, so I guess it's time for a trek to the local O store with a ruler... if the lenses for the C-wires come out OK, a new set of black iridiums (maybe even polarized) for my Romeos are likely to be next in the pipeline...

yeah same thing happened in singapore - when lux took over, all the old stock of parts got destroyed. in australia too. the lady even said a whole batch of copper penny replacement frames were junked since noone ever warrantied pennys in australia (they were never officially sold there due to some regulation)
i cried a little lol.

btw maybe best to take your actual lens down. you want to make sure the curvature is the same... my standard quick an easy test is to lay them one ontop of another - if its the same curve, they'll almost "stick" to each other because the curves are the same and there is no air gap between them.

when lux took over, all the old stock of parts got destroyed. in australia too. the lady even said a whole batch of copper penny replacement frames were junked since noone ever warrantied pennys in australia (they were never officially sold there due to some regulation)
i cried a little lol.

Sob!

Fast jacket may be too small to use on the c wire. Also the fast jacket lens is thicker then others so using them on a wire frame may not be a first choice..... Take one of the ones you have and check them against a few frames....

Thanks - I'll investigate those lenses and see what I can do. Fingers crossed for a steady hand with the Dremel...

for a wire frame, it takes a bit more than a steady hand...they can be very tricky to keep them in the lens seat. I have some lenses I can cut you a deal on so you can have several in case you screw up...i have flak xlj lenses I can do for $30 per set brand new black IR, and a few other suitable donors for that fitment

Latest Posts

Back