• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Try PapaViva
Those AliExpress guys? I would stay clear of those AE brands (MRYOK, ToughAsNails, PapaViva and a dozen others).
I can cut their lenses with a pair of scissors, they are so thin! And 90% sure they will have optical defects

Those AliExpress guys? I would stay clear of those AE brands (MRYOK, ToughAsNails, PapaViva and a dozen others).
I can cut their lenses with a pair of scissors, they are so thin! And 90% sure they will have optical defects

I got a bit of an education in crappy lenses recently. Ordered some on Amazon for my radars for use as shooting lenses since Oakley doesn’t sell them in HI yellow anymore, and they fit and looked good, but just felt weird.

I checked the listing again and they’re 1mm thick TAC (triacetate cellulose) not 1.8mm polycarbonate like the originals.

TAC is nowhere near as shatter resistant, aside from being nearly half the thickness. They can pass the ansi Z80.3 test but not the Z87.1 test. Definitely not for use as safety glasses.

Is galaxy lenses still trusted and legit? I ordered some on the 15th and got an order confirmation, but no shipping update and no response to emails asking for one

Is galaxy lenses still trusted and legit? I ordered some on the 15th and got an order confirmation, but no shipping update and no response to emails asking for one
Answered my own question as the lenses I ordered showed up yesterday. I still think it's weird and don't care for when a company keeps a buyer in the dark after the sale. Gonna give these lenses a shot but probably won't use galaxy lenses for my next replacements

Answered my own question as the lenses I ordered showed up yesterday. I still think it's weird and don't care for when a company keeps a buyer in the dark after the sale. Gonna give these lenses a shot but probably won't use galaxy lenses for my next replacements
Welp, I got the galaxy lenses put in today and to nobody's surprise they're just okay. A bit on the thin side, but they fit pretty well except the crosshair replacements. There's a little gap on the inside upper nose area. Oh well, they were cheap and now my formerly Rx Oakley's are usable again. I'll be on the lookout for authentic prism lenses at decent prices going forward

Why be an oakley fan and then chose to buy non oakley replacements?
Fair question. Because I'm cheap and wanted to replace Rx lenses quick. I've since found what I think is a reputable seller and am awaiting some hopefully authentic lenses at the best price I've seen

Why be an oakley fan and then chose to buy non oakley replacements?

Legit question.

I stick with original lenses when I can still get them. For out of print, sometimes aftermarket is all there is unless you’re willing to spend for custom cut.

Although I like the quality of Oakley lenses, I'm learning every day that the durability sucks....
Yeah my first pair of Rx lenses started delaminating after about 3 years, the next set is still good two years later though. Are the non-Rx lenses also prone to failure after a few years? Would be a shame because that contrast that the prizm lenses bring is pretty wild to someone who used to just squint and bear it

Back