• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blade II OTT

@cacatman is our residential-newbie-helping-value-estimating-embassador. Maybe he can help.
Ha ha ha!

Good morning, friends!

I've been wanting one myself for ages!!

They come up so rarely, it's hard to estimate what a "fair" value is.

I think the price would fluctuate wildly not based on "standard" established pricing but more based on what an individual collector would want to pay at that particular time.

Incomplete is always going to be less. How much less though? I'd be thinking probably 25% of the total cost.

If you already have one, then the value of buying another is diminished which is probably why Dallas has suggested $600.

Normal FMJ OTTs seem to be going for $500-600 complete.

Black OTTs come up more rarely and are more.

The Blade II OTT are the rarest black pair. 300 as has been stated previously.

If you don't have one (like me), then I'd pay more. I think I agree with @"TRUMP". I'd be saying $800-900. Maybe more even. What's a couple of hundred for a super rare piece?

Having said that, the other way of looking at it is questioning whether the etching itself is worth a $300-400 (or more) premium on top of the black rarity. That is really what it comes down to.

You could argue that John F. Kennedy's signature is just a pen on paper which anyone could copy, but others would disagree and pay $39,000!!....and that's not even talking about Jimi Hendrix's signature.

Pay what you want.

The rest of the world is laughing at us anyhow. But they just don't appreciate TRUE art!!!!

Ha ha ha!

Good morning, friends!

I think the price would fluctuate wildly not based on "standard" established pricing but more based on what an individual collector would want to pay at that particular time.

Incomplete is always going to be less. How much less though? I'd be thinking probably 25% of the total cost.

If you already have one, then the value of buying another is diminished which is probably why Dallas has suggested $600.

If you don't have one (like me), then I'd pay more. I think I agree with @"TRUMP". I'd be saying $800-900. Maybe more even. What's a couple of hundred for a super rare piece?

Having said that, the other way of looking at it is questioning whether the etching itself is worth a $300-400 (or more) premium on top of the black rarity. That is really what it comes down to.

You could argue that John F. Kennedy's signature is just a pen on paper which anyone could copy, but others would disagree and pay $39,000!!....and that's not even talking about Jimi Hendrix's signature.

Pay what you want.

The rest of the world is laughing at us anyhow. But they just don't appreciate TRUE art!!!!
I'm just here for the popcorn ;). Knowledge is secondary lol

Sent from Q's Note5

Ha ha ha!

Good morning, friends!

Pay what you want.

Agreed. And overb$1000 if he had a mint box

Sorry yes Blade 2 1000 complete. 750 glasses only. Maybe. I still think between 600 and 750. Put it on ebay. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sorry yes Blade 2 1000 complete. 750 glasses only. Maybe. I still think between 600 and 750. Put it on ebay. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I don't appreciate the eBay suggestion. I am not posting it for sale. Simply wanted to know an estimate value since it does not appear often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest Posts

Back