• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Busted gmt pin

Dr.Death34

Oakley Beginner
So the pin in my gmt busted and is lost. It Is the pin that connects the band to the actual time piece. I was wondering if any one knew what size it is and also where I could maybe find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try amazon or eBay. It depends if you need a straight pin or a spring pin. I want to say your going to need a spring pin. A picture of your watch might help.

Your watch should have two of them, the other one attaching the other side of band to the other side of the case. Remove it, measure, buy replacement on amazon.

If you're uncomfortable with removing the other one, first get a watch spring bar tool, which also can be found cheaply on amazon. It's useful not just for removing spring bars but also for replacing them so it may be worth having.

Regardless, you're unlikely to find a sale for a single spring bar (pin) in specific sizes. Instead, they're typically sold in kits that have multiples in various sizes. Since you're likely to have to get one of those kits anyway, you could just trial-and-error from the kit to find the right size.

Take it to a good watch repair man. I had the same issue with a TB. Set me back $20

A good watch repair place should charge no more the. 20; I'd bet 10-15 if you can find the right place. Either way it's a 2 dollar piece.

I guess if your handy and need extra pins you could follow Kronins advice; but me personally too much hassle. Pay someone that's experienced in the process for a few cups of coffee

I bought a watch kit for doing the battery work and pin replacement/link add and removal a few months back. Worth all $19 to have without question. Came with a ton of spare pins and tools to work on a number of watch types.

Back