• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying shades (or anything) from Phillipines

PitBoss

I should Work at Oakley
Norway
This is doing my head in. I'm pacing nervously and looking at a tracking page that seems to not be updated at all.

3 weeks ago I found these oakleys that I wanted... Scratch that... Needed!!!
I discussed back and forth with the guy(not member at OF) but after doing vigorous background checks this guy seems legit. And he may still be- I don't know, and herein lies the problem.
My stress level after shelling out 450$, then another 30 for fees, then another 20 for increased shipping charges is about to enter the stratosphere.
The item is according to tracking after 2.5 weeks into it, still showing as having left the export facility in Manila. The guy, although responsive enough doesn't have a great command of the English language which sadly leaves me communicating in a very direct (read confrontational) manner. I mean how else is one supposed to get the message across???
Anyways, I digress...

The item is reportedly stuck in the export office.
I've shelled out almost 500 smaccaroos...
He is probably (if he's an honest guy and that's a big IF) likely frustrated with postal service...
I'm frustrated with him and/or postal service because I could have bought this item elsewhere, granted for a slightly higher price but at least I would have had the item by now..

Everyone loose....
This is messed up, I know.
Here where I live we have a perception that only scams and cons come out of these Asian countries, because and let's face it, exactly because of things like this. There is little to no reliability of basic services and a lot of people are so poor that they will do whatever they can to make a quick buck. This creates a bad combo because all of these factors can only amount to one thing... A sustained or increased distrust in anything related to transactions involving money with these countries.

I don't know if I'm making sense anymore, and I don't know how this will work out. I guess I'm still hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Does anyone have any experiences or any words of advice that may or may not put my mind at ease?

I sent some Juliets to the Phillipines a while back and it took weeks once they arrived in Phillipines. Tracking in the Philippines was more or less non existent either.

Buyer kept asking where they were and I had no idea. Not great but they did arrive eventually

I had something from that part of the world too. It took about 2 weeks but EMS was used.
Your stress levels hint you did not use PayPal?
Hang tight, it should show up.
Btw, I had a pin ship from the U.K. a while ago. Took more than a month to reach me here in the US. So it happens. Good luck.

Im from there and honestly am afraid to ship there.But With our new President and Government though, agencies have been doing a lot better because he will beat the crap out of them. The Shipper probably chose a cheaper method of Shipping as well. May take 4-6 weeks from there though and I hope you used paypal G and S like @Manish mentioned.

Im from there and honestly am afraid to ship there.But With our new President and Government though, agencies have been doing a lot better because he will beat the crap out of them. The Shipper probably chose a cheaper method of Shipping as well. May take 4-6 weeks from there though and I hope you used paypal G and S like @Manish mentioned.
PayPal G&S is the only way to go!!

Latest Posts

Back