• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All First Gen Eye Jacket Collectors

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
Ok guys, I have a couple pairs of Eye Jackets I can quite seem to get the color nailed down on. Basically they fall somewhere in between the known colors. Technically they are second gen Jackets but most people call them first gen since they are still made from the early material.

OK, What I am asking for is a picture of the following all together in the same shot. With and without flash to compare the colors. I need FMJ 5.56, 7.62, 45mm and a 9mm

I started a thread over on O-Review but have hit a wall for the time being. Any and all help is appreciated.

O-Review thread for reference here ----->> http://www.o-review.com/forum_detail.php?ID=11939

I'm Asuming you mean the one's with the square hinge not the "New Eye Jacket" with the round hinge. Sorry I don't a picture handy as I'm at work. I'll try to get one tonight.with what I've got.
5.56 are the light silver much like XX Frogskins
7.62 are Silvery (shiney) the only ones i would say are not quite matte also they have white icons and a white OAKLEY on the Bridge (the only one of these with white writing)
The hard ones to diferentiate are 45mm and 9mm. the 45mm are darker.

I Just check the O Review thread. 7.62 and 9mm are swapped.
I would say your top one is 9mm and the bottom one is FMJ white (most likely since lenses are missing) or 5.56(but not quite shiney enough). i know in my parts I have mulitple variations.

Are you referring to the group pic of 6 on the IDs being swapped? The frame I have that does not have lenses in it, I do have them, BI

Are you referring to the group pic of 6 on the IDs being swapped? The frame I have that does not have lenses in it, I do have them, BI

Yeah, first i was refering to the group of 6 for the ids being swapped, then I was talking about your comparison pics. I think you have 9mm on top and the bottom one is FMJ white or 5.56. But it's a crap shoot in my opinion because there is so much variation in the FMJ batches.

Latest Posts

Back