• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can men wear Pink Oakley's and still be considered manly?

Can men wear pink Oakley's and still be considered manly?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No, revoke male privileges

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pink represents femininity. Judging by the current direction of our country, it doesnt suprise me that this poll is so lopsided. It just shows that we have become overrun with leftist snowflaked who think masculinity is toxic. From wikipedia:

Pink is a pale red color that is named after a flower of the same name.[2][3] It was first used as a color name in the late 17th century.[4]According to surveys in Europe and the United States, pink is the color most often associated with charm, politeness, sensitivity, tenderness, sweetness, childhood, femininity and the romantic. A combination of pink and white is associated with chastity and innocence, whereas a combination of pink and black links to eroticism and seduction

In fact, pink was worn by English boys in the 19th century....which is physical evidence :lol:that it is a feminine color:

In 19th century England, pink ribbons or decorations were often worn by young boys; boys were simply considered small men, and while men in England wore red uniforms, boys wore pink.

Later, in Nazi Germany concentration camps, detainees accused of homosexuality were forced to wear pink triangles, thus even further confirming our suspicion of pink representation of the supression of masculinity:

In Nazi Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, inmates of Nazi concentration camps who were accused of homosexuality were forced to wear a pink triangle.[16] Because of this, the pink triangle has become a symbol of the modern gay rights movement.

The transition to pink as a sexually differentiating color for girls occurred gradually, through the selective process of the marketplace, in the 1930s and 40s. In the 1920s, some groups had been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys. But stores nonetheless found that people were increasingly choosing to buy pink for girls, and blue for boys, until this became an accepted norm in the 1940s

And the results from a recent survey on colors show that less than 1% of men choose pink as their favorite color:

There was a notable difference between men and women; three percent of women chose pink as their favorite color, compared with less than one percent of men. Many of the men surveyed were unable to even identify pink correctly, confusing it with mauve.

As of 2008 various feminist groups and the Breast Cancer Awareness Month use the color pink to convey empowerment of women

SexualityEdit As noted above, pink combined with black or violet is commonly associated with eroticism and seduction. In street slang, the pink sometimes refers to the vagina.[61]In Russian, pink (розовый, rozovyj) is used to refer to lesbians, and light blue (голубой, goluboj) refers to gay men.[62]In Japan, a genre of low budget, erotic cinema is referred to as Pink films (ピンク映画 Pinku Eiga).[63]

The Swedish feminist party Feminist Initiative uses pink as their color.

A Dutch newsgroup about homosexuality is called nl.roze (roze being the Dutch word for pink), while in Britain, Pink News is a gay newspaper and online news service. There is a magazine called Pink for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community which has different editions for various metropolitan areas.[66] In France Pink TV is an LGBT cable channel.In Ireland, Support group for Irish PinkAdoptions defines a pink family as a relatively neutral umbrella term for the single gay men, single lesbians, or same-gender couples who intend to adopt, are in the process of adopting, or have adopted. It also covers adults born/raised in such families. The group welcome the input of other people touched by adoption, especially people who were adopted as children and are now adults.[67][non-primary source needed]Pinkstinks, a campaign founded in London in May 2008[68] to raise awareness of what they claim is the damage caused by genderstereotyping of children.[69][70]The Pink Pistols is a gay gun rightsorganization.[71]

In closing, if you voted "yes, absolutely" on this poll, i am revoking your man-card and replacing it with one of those pink hats pictured above.:eek::eek::eek:

Pink represents femininity. Judging by the current direction of our country, it doesnt suprise me that this poll is so lopsided. It just shows that we have become overrun with leftist snowflaked who think masculinity is toxic. From wikipedia:

Pink is a pale red color that is named after a flower of the same name.[2][3] It was first used as a color name in the late 17th century.[4]According to surveys in Europe and the United States, pink is the color most often associated with charm, politeness, sensitivity, tenderness, sweetness, childhood, femininity and the romantic. A combination of pink and white is associated with chastity and innocence, whereas a combination of pink and black links to eroticism and seduction

In fact, pink was worn by English boys in the 19th century....which is physical evidence :lol:that it is a feminine color:

In 19th century England, pink ribbons or decorations were often worn by young boys; boys were simply considered small men, and while men in England wore red uniforms, boys wore pink.

Later, in Nazi Germany concentration camps, detainees accused of homosexuality were forced to wear pink triangles, thus even further confirming our suspicion of pink representation of the supression of masculinity:

In Nazi Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, inmates of Nazi concentration camps who were accused of homosexuality were forced to wear a pink triangle.[16] Because of this, the pink triangle has become a symbol of the modern gay rights movement.

The transition to pink as a sexually differentiating color for girls occurred gradually, through the selective process of the marketplace, in the 1930s and 40s. In the 1920s, some groups had been describing pink as a masculine color, an equivalent of the red that was considered to be for men, but lighter for boys. But stores nonetheless found that people were increasingly choosing to buy pink for girls, and blue for boys, until this became an accepted norm in the 1940s

And the results from a recent survey on colors show that less than 1% of men choose pink as their favorite color:

There was a notable difference between men and women; three percent of women chose pink as their favorite color, compared with less than one percent of men. Many of the men surveyed were unable to even identify pink correctly, confusing it with mauve.

As of 2008 various feminist groups and the Breast Cancer Awareness Month use the color pink to convey empowerment of women

SexualityEdit As noted above, pink combined with black or violet is commonly associated with eroticism and seduction. In street slang, the pink sometimes refers to the vagina.[61]In Russian, pink (розовый, rozovyj) is used to refer to lesbians, and light blue (голубой, goluboj) refers to gay men.[62]In Japan, a genre of low budget, erotic cinema is referred to as Pink films (ピンク映画 Pinku Eiga).[63]

The Swedish feminist party Feminist Initiative uses pink as their color.

A Dutch newsgroup about homosexuality is called nl.roze (roze being the Dutch word for pink), while in Britain, Pink News is a gay newspaper and online news service. There is a magazine called Pink for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community which has different editions for various metropolitan areas.[66] In France Pink TV is an LGBT cable channel.In Ireland, Support group for Irish PinkAdoptions defines a pink family as a relatively neutral umbrella term for the single gay men, single lesbians, or same-gender couples who intend to adopt, are in the process of adopting, or have adopted. It also covers adults born/raised in such families. The group welcome the input of other people touched by adoption, especially people who were adopted as children and are now adults.[67][non-primary source needed]Pinkstinks, a campaign founded in London in May 2008[68] to raise awareness of what they claim is the damage caused by genderstereotyping of children.[69][70]The Pink Pistols is a gay gun rightsorganization.[71]

In closing, if you voted "yes, absolutely" on this poll, i am revoking your man-card and replacing it with one of those pink hats pictured above.:eek::eek::eek:
@"TRUMP", I think either @cacatman or @kashton has taken over your account. That's got to be a record for words in a single @"TRUMP" thread post.

re: Pink - And I know it's just a colour, but to me it depends just how much pink you're actually wearing (and where). "Stereotype" is a dirty word nowadays and with PC still continuing it's march to it's peak, there is minimising of the differences between the sexes, races and gender roles in society. Everyone must become monochromatic or be considered bigots/patriarchal propagandist simpletons, and worse still, think EXACTLY the same. The consequence is that even the word "manhood" in today's society has become a "dirty" word. While you're in the west, you guys can look forward to slowly, but surely being emasculated!!!! It'll probably take a little longer for that to happen where I am in the Middle East!!

@"TRUMP", I think either @cacatman or @kashton has taken over your account. That's got to be a record for words in a single @"TRUMP" thread post.

re: Pink - And I know it's just a colour, but to me it depends just how much pink you're actually wearing (and where). "Stereotype" is a dirty word nowadays and with PC still continuing it's march to it's peak, there is minimising of the differences between the sexes, races and gender roles in society. Everyone must become monochromatic or be considered bigots/patriarchal propagandist simpletons, and worse still, think EXACTLY the same. The consequence is that even the word "manhood" in today's society has become a "dirty" word. While you're in the west, you guys can look forward to slowly, but surely being emasculated!!!! It'll probably take a little longer for that to happen where I am in the Middle East!!

Thats where youre wrong my friend. The liberal media may lead the masses to believe that Americas men are being emasculated, but there are plenty of us who dont fit that mold and will continue to raise our daughters as princesses and to let our boys be boys. Dont believe me? Just look at who won our last presidential election. ;)

Back