• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime nose pads

Aaron36

Oakley Beginner
i'm new here and i'm hoping for some guidance. One of the nose pads for my carbon prime popped out today and I couldn't find it. I'm having a hard time finding replacements and oakley is closed until next week. I'm kind of freaking out here because I basically have a useless pair of expensive sunglasses because of a tiny rubber piece. Help please!

maybe post a close up pic of your glasses and someone can possibly recommend an alternative nose pad.

i'm new here and i'm hoping for some guidance. One of the nose pads for my carbon prime popped out today and I couldn't find it. I'm having a hard time finding replacements and oakley is closed until next week. I'm kind of freaking out here because I basically have a useless pair of expensive sunglasses because of a tiny rubber piece. Help please!
Just send the primes to me. You won't have to worry about having a useless pair of sunglasses anymore ;) an I'll take care of the freaking out part for you.

If you have some time between freaking out and frantically searching the internet for replacements, you should post a photo as aaron.schies suggested - as well as measuring the pad itself (like the photo shows) to see if an alternative solution would work.
s-l1600.jpg

An if you haven't called Oakley's Warranty department that would be my go to, as I'd imagine they'd have spares... but again I'm totally fine with taking them off your hands as-is :cool:

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps but the black one is from the prime and the clear one is from the carbon blade. Slightly smaller, but it kind of works. Only thing bad is if I lose these, I'll have 2 pairs that need pads

Okay, customer care at oakley was a bust. They basically said it's my fault the pad fell out and they don't have replacement parts so I need to buy a new pair. What a joke.

Okay, customer care at oakley was a bust. They basically said it's my fault the pad fell out and they don't have replacement parts so I need to buy a new pair. What a joke.

Yep. That's luxottica for you

@Aaron36, may I suggest a second class "workaround" which would work better than not being able to use them at all. Maybe what you could do is buy a larger nosepiece e.g. radar, and cut a roughly triangular piece out, score the edges and "squeeze" it into the metal cutout. It would be the same rubber compound, and you can adjust the nosepiece angles anyhow.

Wow. Thats total bs that they dont have replacement parts for a $600 pair. Unfortunately since Oakley is owned by evil Italians now, they continue to screw over their customers. I agree with @cacatman with taking another nosepad from a Radar Ev earsock kit, and cutting it to size by tracing the outline of the original nosepad if you still have at least one from either side.

Kind of surprised Linegear doesn't offer replacements for them, I'm sure these will be in collections for a while not something to die off... so maybe you can be their guinea pig in R&D of replacements

Time to buy another one an return this one, stating it didn't come with a nose pad 😏 Although if they took your info then, you might have to settle pulling that on Amazon... they'll accept any return free, so long as you indicate an issue with the order as reasoning for why.

Latest Posts

Back