• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Shift/SF16-C takedown model

Hey guys I'm new here sort of Lol, I have been reading the forums, I have been a member for some time and have a little collection going I have 2 jupiter squared carbon, a badman sapphire and recently purchased a carbon shift and liked them so much that since then I have purchased 2 more.

I have been really looking at purchasing a pair of X-squared polished and just wanted to ask if anyone here has both and wouldn't mind giving me a little comparison on how they feel.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Completely different, in pretty much every aspect. Does that mean you wouldn't like them? No, go for it...

Its more like I'm trying to find something to compare the X-metals to fit wise.

Alright, so actually they do look pretty similarly sized...

20160404_214924.jpg

20160404_215011.jpg

But there's three big differences. One, XS has nosebombs, CS does not. That makes a big difference how the orbitals are positioned; for me the XS sits just right but with the CS they're close enough to touch my cheekbones.

Two, flex. XS arms are pretty rigid, you get a little flex at the t-shox and more at the nosebridge. But if you've got a fat head, the tips will squeeze your skull. While with the CS I can do this pretty easily...

20160404_215136.jpg

And then, weight...

20160404_215422.jpg

20160404_215451.jpg

Not a big difference? Well that's 25% lighter, with the CS.

Really, people have enough variation to heads & faces that the only way you'll really know, shy of finding someone who has a pair you can try, is to buy a pair. Then resell them if you don't like them. Just stop waffling and pull the trigger. Assuming it's a fair price.

Alright, so actually they do look pretty similarly sized...

View attachment 236708

View attachment 236704

But there's three big differences. One, XS has nosebombs, CS does not. That makes a big difference how the orbitals are positioned; for me the XS sits just right but with the CS they're close enough to touch my cheekbones.

Two, flex. XS arms are pretty rigid, you get a little flex at the t-shox and more at the nosebridge. But if you've got a fat head, the tips will squeeze your skull. While with the CS I can do this pretty easily...

View attachment 236705

And then, weight...

View attachment 236706

View attachment 236707

Not a big difference? Well that's 25% lighter, with the CS.

Really, people have enough variation to heads & faces that the only way you'll really know, shy of finding someone who has a pair you can try, is to buy a pair. Then resell them if you don't like them. Just stop waffling and pull the trigger. Assuming it's a fair price.

Wow thank you so much for all this information and for taking time to do this comparison. I think all I need to do now is find a pair for the right price!!
So excited I have been a huge Oakley fan for quite some time now and have been contmeplating a X-metal for so long. One last question what do you think is a fair price for the XS polished?

And thank you again for your help

One last question what do you think is a fair price for the XS polished?

That's a pretty loaded question. Lots of factors such as is everything OEM, what condition are they in (lens marks, frame marks, rubber condition, nosebridge tightness), are they complete (matching box and coin) or just the glasses?

Can go anywhere from $400 to $550, but the prices have been changing lately so others may opine differently. To get the best answer I suggest you post your value question in the following thread, and include the details mentioned above:

Value Thread Ask About Prices Here

Last edited:
That's a pretty loaded question. Lots of factors such as is everything OEM, what condition are they in (lens marks, frame marks, rubber condition, nosebridge tightness), are they complete (matching box and coin) or just the glasses?

Can go anywhere from $400 to $550, but the prices have been changing lately so others my opine differently. To get the best answer I suggest you post your value question in the following thread, and include the details mentioned above:

Value Thread Ask About Prices Here

Thank you again for all your help

And on another note I am just in love with these carbon shifts!! I started with the torch iridium and then ended up getting the prizm which are just great these are my first pair of prizms and I just got the sapphire iridium which look awesome!!

And on another note I am just in love with these carbon shifts!! I started with the torch iridium and then ended up getting the prizm which are just great these are my first pair of prizms and I just got the sapphire iridium which look awesome!!

Those seem to be pretty addictive. I'm sure @Stanleybb50 would concur. I have yet to get my first pair, but did try on a Carbon Shift and really liked it. I'm just to obsessed with X-Metals though.

Word of caution. If you were that addicted to the CS, going to X-Metals will surely deplete your wallet even faster.

Those seem to be pretty addictive. I'm sure @Stanleybb50 would concur. I have yet to get my first pair, but did try on a Carbon Shift and really liked it. I'm just to obsessed with X-Metals though.

Word of caution. If you were that addicted to the CS, going to X-Metals will surely deplete your wallet even faster.
Hahahah - yep! I have the Prizm Daily, Sapphire, Tungsten and the Torch!

Love them all, sans the "look" through the Torch. Just for my particular eyes, I've discovered I don't like the slight blueish hint looking through them as much as the others and may unload them soon. But I love how they look from the outside.

The other 3 aren't going anywhere. Love em. So light and just perfect. I enjoy the lack of nose bombs (for me) because they don't bother my nose after being on for awhile like I come to feel when wearing frames with unobtanium on the nose.

Rocking the Prizm Daily pair today in fact.

7832c1875bf7bef298f03fbb724cfed3.jpg

Hahahah - yep! I have the Prizm Daily, Sapphire, Tungsten and the Torch!

Love them all, sans the "look" through the Torch. Just for my particular eyes, I've discovered I don't like the slight blueish hint looking through them as much as the others and may unload them soon. But I love how they look from the outside.

The other 3 aren't going anywhere. Love em. So light and just perfect. I enjoy the lack of nose bombs (for me) because they don't bother my nose after being on for awhile like I come to feel when wearing frames with unobtanium on the nose.

Rocking the Prizm Daily pair today in fact.

7832c1875bf7bef298f03fbb724cfed3.jpg

Me too I love the daily prizm I even wear them when it's cloudy.. My second favorite are the sapphires and last are the torch I might sell them but I'm going to wait until it gets warmer before I make a move.

Back