• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Shift/SF16-C takedown model

is the carbon shift frame made of aluminum or plastic? all the frames are currenlt "black" and it looks plastic. any word of a asian fit? i was considering a badman all of last year but that frames lenses is a bit square. this 2016 carbon shift is 62mm wide and 38 vertcal, more rectangular which i like.. the badman is 60x40. anyone thing the carbon shift works for wide face?

is the carbon shift frame made of aluminum or plastic? all the frames are currenlt "black" and it looks plastic. any word of a asian fit? i was considering a badman all of last year but that frames lenses is a bit square. this 2016 carbon shift is 62mm wide and 38 vertcal, more rectangular which i like.. the badman is 60x40. anyone thing the carbon shift works for wide face?

Center/orbitals are O-Matter (plastic)
The hinge/icon area is aluminum. I personally don't like it when it's colored black.
Trailing end of the stems is carbon fiber wrapped/bonded to Unobtainium

For reference on sizing @QLR1 can rock these pairs. Granted, he's got selfie genetics, but he generally goes for bigger frames.

They can work for wider faces. As Ventruck said, I prefer the larger frames. These barely fit, but they work. Check out my selfie in this thread. Collection took one step forward

Center/orbitals are O-Matter (plastic)
The hinge/icon area is aluminum. I personally don't like it when it's colored black.
Trailing end of the stems is carbon fiber wrapped/bonded to Unobtainium

For reference on sizing @QLR1 can rock these pairs. Granted, he's got selfie genetics, but he generally goes for bigger frames.

Selfie genetics? Awww! Thank you.

I waited long time for a new sporty sunglasses and this new Carbon Shift seems similar my favorite Straight Jacket look. Streamline and not so invasive as dimensions like Scalpels or Tens.
Price make it very exclusive, I hope Oakley will make a cheaper O-Matter version, would be really nice.

PS: Compared to Scalpel or Jackets, how do CS fit? Ty

I waited long time for a new sporty sunglasses and this new Carbon Shift seems similar my favorite Straight Jacket look. Streamline and not so invasive as dimensions like Scalpels or Tens.
Price make it very exclusive, I hope Oakley will make a cheaper O-Matter version, would be really nice.

PS: Compared to Scalpel or Jackets, how do CS fit? Ty
Yeah, the price is out there, for sure. But if you look around, you can get a deal. I certainly hope they don't come out with a cheap version of these. I hate they have tons of cheaper fare out there already. I don't want all expensive items, but they shouldn't have a high priced and a budget version of the same item.

Can't comment on the fit of the 2 frames that you have mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Carbon Shift already is the cheaper version, of the SF16-C. And its orbitals are o-matter already.

Cheaper version I mean like Triggerman compared to the Badman. In Italy CF cost not less than 340$.
Maybe there're people that wouldn't spend too much or prefer simpler versions.

Cheaper version I mean like Triggerman compared to the Badman. In Italy CF cost not less than 340$.
Maybe there're people that wouldn't spend too much or prefer simpler versions.

Right, but you have the full-price SF16-C for $2K (allegedly, hasn't been released yet).

Then there's this cheaper Carbon Shift in the $300 range.

So you want a cheaper version of the cheaper version?

Unfortunately I believe you're gonna be SOL with that one.

Sent from the sunglasses factory connected by a tunnel to the Chinese fortune cookie factory using machinery to make foakley carbon shifts to sell for $14 plus $99 shipping

Just a few shots of my new Carbon Shift's that arrived today.

Delighted with them, they fit beautifully which is good as it was a bit of a gamble ordering without trying first, and I have a bit of a large head too haha.

Brilliant shades!

IMAG1482_zpstvtbk9ru.jpg

IMAG1484_zpssagml0vd.jpg

IMAG1483_zpsxsl2rvia.jpg

IMAG1476_zpsbpvifutd.jpg

IMAG1486_zpsho3rtrhh.jpg

Latest Posts

Back