• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Shevles Question

Oakman1992

Don’t Save Pictures of Me
Premium Member
Im looking at buying a Oakley double wide 3.0 but it's missing shelves. Does anyone have info on how to get them or how much they cost?

Honestly your best bet is to just have some made. 1/4" Glass can be had pretty cheap. The only place they could get you are the notches. You'll need to make a good template of the notch and the hinge side notch so the door clears when opening. I had 2 shelves for a countertop case (16x16 each) made for about $30.

Honestly your best bet is to just have some made. 1/4" Glass can be had pretty cheap. The only place they could get you are the notches. You'll need to make a good template of the notch and the hinge side notch so the door clears when opening. I had 2 shelves for a countertop case (16x16 each) made for about $30.

I paid $25 per shelf for tempered glass and did not worry about the notches. Any glazier should be able to cut them.

Both of these. You can get as technical as you like, or just get rectangles like Si did. you won't have trouble getting them made and they won't break the bank. ;)

What do you guys think the value is on this case? I've never bought a double wide...

The numbers 250-275 are sticking in my head on this one, sans shelves, but DO NOT quote me on that...I don't own one and am just going by what I've seen in here on complete doubles. Only case I personally own is a Spine at the present.

The lack of shelves would not in any way stop me from buying the case if the rest of it was in great shape.

The numbers 250-275 are sticking in my head on this one, sans shelves, but DO NOT quote me on that...I don't own one and am just going by what I've seen in here on complete doubles. Only case I personally own is a Spine at the present.

The lack of shelves would not in any way stop me from buying the case if the rest of it was in great shape.
I was thinking they cost more then that he wants 600 I got him down to 375...

I was thinking they cost more then that he wants 600 I got him down to 375...

He wanted $600 without shelves??

God Bless Capitalism!

...but no. Not even close. Again, $375 may be a good number for that if it's otherwise perfect, but I still think its closer to 300 or just under without any shelves.

Back