• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Color coordinating wristwear

Watch and bracelet on opposite wrists, match or contrast?

• Match them, SS with SS and black with black

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Contrast them, SS watch with black bracelet and black watch with SS bracelet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either way works

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I use my bracelets to deflect bullets...

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
And there's no way a watch and a Tread are going on the same wrist...

I agree with you. I have the SS one and it would cause havoc to any watch that was worn on the same wrist.

If you go with the DLC one, please let me know how the finish holds up. That is why I went with the SS one because I didn't think the finish would last.

I agree with you. I have the SS one and it would cause havoc to any watch that was worn on the same wrist.

If you go with the DLC one, please let me know how the finish holds up. That is why I went with the SS one because I didn't think the finish would last.

DLC a.k.a. "Diamond Like Carbon" is pretty much the toughest coating you can get on stuff; it should actually be more durable than naked SS, or at least more scratchproof...

Way more durable than the "ion-plated" PVD used on Oakley Stealth finishes...

I've had some experience with DLC coated knives and they hold up really well.

DLC a.k.a. "Diamond Like Carbon" is pretty much the toughest coating you can get on stuff; it should actually be more durable than naked SS, or at least more scratchproof...

Way more durable than the "ion-plated" PVD used on Oakley Stealth finishes...

I've had some experience with DLC coated knives and they hold up really well.
Well now I want that one.

or at least more scratchproof...

Scratchproof maybe but I was worried about where they are linked together. All of the rubbing at those contact points and surfaces, I wasn't sure. It also has a good looking matte black finish and I thought (maybe that's my problem, I'm try to think too much) that the wearing and rubbing would make "shiny" spots.

Hopefully you get one and keep us informed on what happens.

Scratchproof maybe but I was worried about where they are linked together. All of the rubbing at those contact points and surfaces, I wasn't sure. It also has a good looking matte black finish and I thought (maybe that's my problem, I'm try to think too much) that the wearing and rubbing would make "shiny" spots.

Hopefully you get one and keep us informed on what happens.

So, with the SS one you have, do you wear it exclusively or with a watch on the other wrist? What's your experience been regarding the question in the OP?

I wear it most of the time and will wear a watch off and on. When I wear a watch, it is just whatever I decide to wear that day. So I do not match or contrast. Most of the watches I have are "silver" (ss, white gold, titanium) so it normally matches. But I do have some G-Shocks that I wear and some with leather bands also.

I wear it most of the time and will wear a watch off and on. When I wear a watch, it is just whatever I decide to wear that day. So I do not match or contrast. Most of the watches I have are "silver" (ss, white gold, titanium) so it normally matches. But I do have some G-Shocks that I wear and some with leather bands also.

So, when you wear the non-matching watch, do you like the look better than with the matching ones?

So, when you wear the non-matching watch, do you like the look better than with the matching ones?

I think they look equally good. Because with they match it may look as if I spent some time to coordinate (which I didn't) and then with the non matching, you have the contrast as you said in the beginning. So both ways look good to me.

Back