• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

It's a great idea. But the only problem is that when you exhale, it sends the germs out too! A couple of my nurse friends busted my chops already. It worked for me!

First off, it’s a blessing your doing well. Thankful we didn’t lose you man. This sucks to say the least. Would regular oxygen tank of worked? I’m sure it’s a death sentence for people with COPD

89345496_10222109628032511_7400407609410322432_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I can now put this in my "WIN" column. I have tested positive and been dealing with Covid-19 for the past 3 weeks. With me... contracted at work on a Thursday... symptoms came the following Sunday night. 103 fever, chills, etc. I'm 49 y.o. in decent health, but have asbestosis from the Navy. (My underlying chronic condition). The second week was fever, chills and flu like crap. Into week 3, the fever left but I couldn't breath. Like needing to cough but when I inhaled...nothing. my lungs burned from fighting for air. I used my CPAP machine as my ventilator, my wife was my quarantine doc, and both probably saved my life. Other friends have it and it's like a cold.... they beat it quickly. Me.... not so lucky. Please take this serious, not our Government and all the skewed numbers and BS, but take care of yourselves Forum. If not... please leave your MD's to me in your will. This is serious to most people. I'm off my soapbox.
Glad to hear you are doing better and thank you for informing us here.
Appreciate your details and 1st hand experience on this.

I’m concerned for my smoker father, not sure how a smokers lung handles the blood storm / breathing issues....

I actually caught a piece of a segment on the news where a doctor recommended agaisnt using cpap machines. I caught the tail end of the convo so I'm not sure of the details at all. By God when it comes down to it though......fire that mfer up!!!! Sounds like a lifesaver that you had one @RiggerBill
I had to have it to breath at night anyway. Without it and with Covid-19 I would have been done. Thanks for the words though. Means a lot.

First off, it’s a blessing your doing well. Thankful we didn’t lose you man. This sucks to say the least. Would regular oxygen tank of worked? I’m sure it’s a death sentence for people with COPD
Yes, a regular oxygen tank would have worked too. I just didn't have immediate access. I have a good friend with COPD and he's really concerned.

Latest Posts

Back