• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal Orange New M frame?

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Paging all M-experts! I Just spotted what appears oa new M frame in crystal orange with gold icons. Was there ever such a thing? I searched 0-review already but did not fid it, so I highly suspect it's fake. I could not find pictures of fake ones too, though.

Lens does not have Oakley logo.

crystal orange new m frame.png

It doesn’t mean that it’s a very short custom/athlete production run, but I’ve never seen one, either genuine or fake. From only one picture with limited clues, the hinge looks less curved, when looking down on it, than those in my collection, which suggests that it is likely to be fake, albeit a good one.

Any better pics? It’s definitely possible because there’s a Pink Sparkle Frame and an 80s green pro m that we’re never released.

I’m not familiar with this frame at all but I’ve seen tortoise frames appear as this colour due to the lighting used in the pics.

Any better pics? It’s definitely possible because there’s a Pink Sparkle Frame and an 80s green pro m that we’re never released.
The 80s Green Pro and New M Frames were athlete-only - I’ve got the latter, but the Pro is even rarer. You can see them in stock pictures from the Sochi Olympics, worn mainly in the men’s speed skating events.

There is a limited edition of a Radar in crystal orange, so the colour is genuine, but I would’ve expected more of these M Frames in crystal orange out there as it’s unlikely that Oakley made a very small number, since, unlike the 80s Green, which were sprayed on a standard white frame, there should’ve been more made in a special run, yet this is the first time that I’ve seen it.

Back