• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Gone Sour - (*Stuck Refund) - What Should I do?

f&f = friends and family - a money transfer that shouldn't need protection.

g&s= goods and services - a transaction where 4% is taken to cover a refund if the deal goes sour.

sounds to me like you were both unaware of how paypal works; if your deal is only a problem because of $17, why not compromise and split the fees?

Hey guys....wow....thanks for the support.....i honestly think i should give him some time. Lets see what happens by saturday. Thank you soo very much for your support.

Hey guys....wow....thanks for the support.....i honestly think i should give him some time. Lets see what happens by saturday. Thank you soo very much for your support.

I just had to. ;) :D

You are very patient....I hope it works out quickly.

If it turns out he did just disappear, then odds are he will stay gone during the dispute. If he doesn't answer to the paypal dispute you open then you automatically win. Hopefully it goes that way, its the quickest... besides him refunding the money.

Thats why I always pay the fee for Big ticket items or someone I dont know.
Case in point
I got a set of Jupiter Carbon from Craigs list. Guy was 90 Miles away. Only $100.00 he said he would ship
Hell I even texted with with him over the deal
Well my gut said dont F&F and I didnt
Supposedly his best friend dies like a day later. He wigged out. I didnt here back from him. No shades after a month
Filed a claim
He never responded
Got a full refund from paypal

In the exchange guidelines Oakley Boss says to use PayPal goods and services, not F&F. Doesn't stop just about everybody asking for F&F...

Yeah I think sellers just don't want to eat the fees. People should follow @GH4AU's example and insist people use G&S and pay the fee. And it's gotten to the point where sellers are assuming F&F without specifying so. IMO if they don't specify "F&F or pay fee", they get G&S for the agreed price, no extra fee coverage.

Personally, I purchase everything on CC and then pay the bill in full each month to avoid any interest. So I really can't PP direct from my account without disrupting the flow; those funds are for an earlier purchase, usually.

So I have to PP with CC, and that charges me a fee for F&F. So I get no advantage by using F&F instead of G&S + fee.

Yeah I think sellers just don't want to eat the fees. People should follow @GH4AU's example and insist people use G&S and pay the fee. And it's gotten to the point where sellers are assuming F&F without specifying so. IMO if they don't specify "F&F or pay fee", they get G&S for the agreed price, no extra fee coverage.

Personally, I purchase everything on CC and then pay the bill in full each month to avoid any interest. So I really can't PP direct from my account without disrupting the flow; those funds are for an earlier purchase, usually.

So I have to PP with CC, and that charges me a fee for F&F. So I get no advantage by using F&F instead of G&S + fee.
That is exactly the way I do it @kronin323.

Latest Posts

Back