• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diffrence In The Second Gen Juliet And The Current.

Mahtan

Oakley Beginner
Heya, I am looking at getting a second gen Juliet, Plasma with Polarized Ice, <10000 serial. Was curious if there was any actual issues with the frame that they fixed going to the current models, or was it just the transition between the redesigned coins and no serials?

Thanks in advance!

Having just sent a plasma with a similar serial number in to be replaced (crushed by a car). I can tell you that I observed no changes between that and my other Juliet frames (new X-metal, Carbon and 24k). I do believe that the only difference is the color of the "plasma". But to be honest without a side by side I was not able to even see that difference.

I always seemed to notice the frames on the later models (second gen +) had a more 'finished' frame, and by that I mean a smoother less rough/raw appearance if that makes sense.

current plasma ice p juliet 04-153 comes in redesigned larger box with new coin, no serial, darker silver looking part coded frame with a slight sheen to it, and hydrophobic lens. there were 3 earlier generations with serials all issued with numbers to match the original boxes. the only issue with earlier frames of note was they tended to discolour, but when unused maintained a chalky matt pale silver look.

Thanks for all the advice, I decided to get some similar, just in Emerald non polarized for quite a good deal. $95. :D