• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diving into X Metals

One other thing you can keep in mind is that there are restoration services available -- Look for The X-Man Customs or OXM.Parts . If you can find a loose/beaten up frame, you can send it their way for work for ~$50-80 and maybe save yourself some money.

There are custom cutters for lenses (you can look at Chris A Hardaway's work either here or on eBay) or Linegear Japan (not OEM lenses like Chris A Hardaway's, but I've heard good things nonetheless) as well.

Juliets tend to be fairly affordable as well. One thing to be aware of is that there are a TON of fake X-Metals floating around -- Safest place to acquire them is here in the Oakley Exchange. However, if you come across one and you're not sure, you can always post pictures here and the forum residents can tell you real quick if it's a legit pair or not.
I figured juliets would be too small for me, but I’ll give them a look

If your on a budget and trying to dip your toe in I would try Juliet first. You should be able to get a good wear pair for ~$300. You said you have a M or L fit. If you prefer or ok with a medium fit, Juliet is the way to go. You will know if you like x metals. XX is just a larger version but also more pricy. If you want XX, @mjt42 has a set for sale. He’s a trustworthy seller I have bought from many times.

20200613_184142.jpg
20200613_180436.jpg

Here are a couple pics for size comparison.

Well, that was quick. I’m really digging
That’s got to be luppetto ask around first, there’s a reason on why it’s been unsold since the dinosaur age
yeah, that’s the one. I was thinking about making him an offer. What would be a reasonable price?

Back