• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

do m2 xl lenses fit m frames?

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
I want to buy an m2 xl prizm baseball lens but don't have any m2 frame.. Since m frame prizm baseball lenses are not available.. I thought if this can be done... I have many m frames.. I read somewhere that m2 lenses fit m frames but the fit is very tight.

I've messed around quite a bit with putting M2 lenses in the previous generation M-Frames. I want to say the only ones I got to fit were the M2, and not the M2 XL...but even those were way too tight, and putting a lot of stress on the lens. I'm almost certain it would eventually lead to hairline cracks. The other way around works though, I've put a Heater lenses in the M2 frames before.

I've messed around quite a bit with putting M2 lenses in the previous generation M-Frames. I want to say the only ones I got to fit were the M2, and not the M2 XL...but even those were way too tight, and putting a lot of stress on the lens. I'm almost certain it would eventually lead to hairline cracks. The other way around works though, I've put a Heater lenses in the M2 frames before.
Is there a difference in the shape of M2 and M2 xl lens other than the height?

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. At the moment, I don't currently have any M2s, just the M2 XL. But from what I remember, there were pretty damn close in both width AND height, and definitely the same shape. If you can, take your M Frame into a store that sells M2 lenses (not XL) and politely ask the associate if you can try popping it into your frame. Or, you might just have to break down and buy a whole new M2 with Prizm Field ;).

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. At the moment, I don't currently have any M2s, just the M2 XL. But from what I remember, there were pretty damn close in both width AND height, and definitely the same shape. If you can, take your M Frame into a store that sells M2 lenses (not XL) and politely ask the associate if you can try popping it into your frame. Or, you might just have to break down and buy a whole new M2 with Prizm Field ;).
That's a great idea..
Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back