• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone have the Flak 2.0 XL, Fire Iridium?

flacko98

Oakley Beginner
Just bought this and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the lens specifically.

I read that there’s mixed opinion on it.
1) Is there actually a noticeable reflection inside the lense to where you can see your own eyes?
2) What color is it while looking through them? If you could upload a picture, please do so because I haven’t been able to find any good ones on the forum

Also, is there any difference between the polarized and regular versions of the fire?

Thanks a lot!

I just put this lens into my Radar frames. I will say that there is a bit of a reflection. Certainly not enough for me to see my eyes in it, but definitely a bit of an orange toned reflection that’s noticeable when the light hits a certain way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put this lens into my Radar frames. I will say that there is a bit of a reflection. Certainly not enough for me to see my eyes in it, but definitely a bit of an orange toned reflection that’s noticeable when the light hits a certain way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is the reflection throughout the entire lens? And does it distract if you in day to day activities?

If it’s anything like the old Fire Iridium, it had a greenish tint from what I can remember. Wasn’t a fan of it

The internal reflection is mostly going to be related to how far from your face the lenses sit (as this affects light coming in from the sides /back).

Besides the obvious difference between Fire and Fire polarized (one is polarized and one is not), there is a slight difference in light transmission (Fire polarized has less light transmission than fire... 10% vs 16% for Fire IIRC).

Is the reflection throughout the entire lens? And does it distract if you in day to day activities?

It’s noticeable. I haven’t figured out how distracting it is for me yet. Just installed them yesterday. It’s not throughout the whole lens. I’d say it’s mostly in the area near the nosepads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back