• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Stored Unobtanium Deteriorate?

If you keep them in a cool dry place lol. You should be fine. Don't leave them in your garage they will break down from humidity. It it would take a long time. Happened to a pair of m frames I left in my tool box I forgot about. Rubbers became brittle

i think they should keep fairly well as long as you store them CLEAN. if there is already sweat in there it will only eat away at the rubber. ive had no issues so far but im OCD about cleaning the rubbers. i mean soap it, rinse it, push a cotton bud through to get every single bit out, and if its still oily, boil those suckers in water for 5-10 mins usually does the trick.

what frames are these for? vintage rubber was abit more prone to degrading... and in new ones, clear colors like rootbeer as well. white may discolor to yellowish. but clean is key.

i think they should keep fairly well as long as you store them CLEAN. if there is already sweat in there it will only eat away at the rubber. ive had no issues so far but im OCD about cleaning the rubbers. i mean soap it, rinse it, push a cotton bud through to get every single bit out, and if its still oily, boil those suckers in water for 5-10 mins usually does the trick.

what frames are these for? vintage rubber was abit more prone to degrading... and in new ones, clear colors like rootbeer as well. white may discolor to yellowish. but clean is key.

Thinking of stashing some SJ 2.0s

A thin coat of talcom powder in a zip loc bag, I store my glasses in the box in a vacuum sealed bag.before you zip it closed suck out the remaining air.because remember humidity will fry out the glue on your box too.

I would throw some rice in the plastic bag I am storing them in. Natural desiccant, will soak up any moisture that does get in there.

Latest Posts

Back